Chapter 18- No Good Without Evil

WARNINGS: Mentions Of Medical Malpractice

Hannibal answered the knock on the door, revealing Sam behind it. The hunter gave a small, awkward smile to him.

"I don't believe Will is here at the moment," Hannibal said.

"Oh, I'm not looking for Will. I was hoping you had time to talk," Sam asked.

"Talk?"

"Will mentioned that you were an amazing therapist," Sam said.

Hannibal recalled all the awful malpractice he used in his therapy with Will.

"Did he now," Hannibal asked, allowing him inside, "I suppose I have some time to talk."

Sam took a seat while rubbing his sweaty palms on his thighs. Hannibal quickly noticed the uneasy actions.

"Relax, Sam. You're not in trouble," Hannibal smiled.

"Right, I'm not used to therapy... Like actual therapy, where the other person knows about... hunting and the supernatural," Sam chuckled nervously.

"So what brings you in today," Hannibal asked.

"I'm not sure you've heard of the term demon blood," Sam asked.

"I've heard of it. I'm still learning about it," Hannibal said, recalling the passages of notes Will wrote in his journals.

"Similar to Will, I have demon blood. I guess, I'm just worried I might lose control, y'know," Sam said, "I don't want to hurt anyone."

"So you're afraid of this part of you," Hannibal asked.

"I wouldn't call it fear," Sam said.

"Why not?"

"Well, I understand it to a certain degree," Sam said.

"You could understand the workings of a tiger and still fear it," Hannibal reasoned.

Sam realized he had a point there.

"Okay, so maybe I do fear it," Sam said, "I have reason. I don't want to go Darth Vader on everyone."

"But you also must learn to find balance between these two sides," Hannibal said.

"Balance?"

"You cannot have good without some bad and vice versa," Hannibal explained, "Even God has a certain amount of balance in when he creates and destroys."

"Like the yin and yang effect. So you're saying, I should embrace the dark side," Sam asked.