Chapter 37- Reading And Hunting

WARNINGS: Supernatural Violence

Dean looked up from the lore book as Bobby walked inside. He quickly took note of his uneasiness.

"Something wrong, Bobby," Dean asked, capturing his attention.

"I've been trying to get ahold of a friend of mine," Bobby explained, "She hasn't been picking up for three days. It's not like her to ignore so many calls."

"We can go check it out. See if she's alright," Adam suggested.

"I'll hang back with Hannibal," Will said, "We'll keep doing research while you're gone."

"No sex allowed in my house," Bobby said, making Will roll his eyes.

Bobby, Adam, and Dean left the house. Will glanced over at Hannibal, who was still quietly reading.

"I didn't mean to drag you into this mess," Will asked, walking over to him.

"With the way things are going, I feel like I'd be safer with the Winchesters," Hannibal smirked, lifting his eyes to him, "You look tired."

"Oh, really? I didn't even notice," Will sassed, leaning his back against him on the couch.

"Get some sleep," Hannibal said, "I'll watch over the house."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."

Will didn't have the energy to fight him on this. So he allowed himself to drift to sleep. After a few hours, Hannibal received a call from Adam.

"Hannibal, Will isn't answering his phone," Adam said, "Is he okay?"

"He's sleeping. Why? What's wrong," Hannibal asked, glancing at him.

"There's a ghost that is targeting hunters," Adam explained, "So you may want to wake him up."

"I will," Hannibal said, hanging up.

He went over to Will and shook his shoulder. Hannibal barely dodged his right hook.

"You can't sneak up on me like that," Will scolded, "Why are you waking me up?"

Hannibal relayed the information to Will. His exhaustion seemed to disappear in seconds.

Will got up to grab weapons to defend himself. He loaded his guns with the last of his salt rounds. He wasn't expecting to hunt anything, much less a ghost.

Hannibal reached over and grabbed a gun. Will watched him turn the safety on before refilling the magazine. Then he briefly turned the safety off to cock the gun.