Chapter 9- Dying Dreams

WARNINGS: Near Death Experience; Fatal Injuries; Slight Gore; Slight Violence; Subtle Symptoms of C-PTSD

Heavy breathing. There was heavy breathing near his face. It was the elk.

"Wake up... Wake up, Will. It's not your time yet."

Will grunted in pain as he stirred awake. He blinked, causing blood to seep into his eyes.

"Adam," Will mumbled, swallowing thickly, "Adam?"

Will struggled to undo the seat belt, holding him. His head hit the rooftop as he got free.

As soon as he put pressure on his right arm, he cried out in pain. That's definitely broken. He held his arm as he dragged himself over to Adam.

He leaned down to check for a pulse. Once he felt the thrumming of blood, he gave a breath of relief.

"Will!"

Will glanced over at Sam. He's awake. Thank god, he's okay!

"Hey," Will called out to the man making a phone call, "Over here!"

He needed to get Adam out of the car before his injuries worsened. The trucker walked over to help him.

Once Adam was on the road, Will laid next to him. He was exhausted. He just needed to sleep for a minute...

"Will! Stay with me," Sam said, looking at him, "Stay awake, okay? We're gonna get you help."

Why was he so worried? Will was fine. He was warm. He just needed to rest for a moment. He's sleepy... He wants to sleep now.

Sam's commands faded to the background as he drifted to sleep.

Will sat up as his mind was filled with commands to kill. He heard the voices whispering in his ears, demanding the same from him.

Reality twisted into something else entirely as Will walked through the empty hospital.

How did he even get here? Does it even matter? Probably not important. He wasn't trained to ask questions. He was designed to kill.

He glanced between John and Dean's beds. Then he went to Dean and shoved his fist into his chest, yanking out his heart.

It was warm. It was still pumping. Why is it still beating? Why isn't he dead? He's resisting. Will set the heart on top of his chest.

Then he went to John's bed. There's a gun. He needs to use that. The elk walked by, stopping to watch him. Will picked up the weapon and placed the barrel on his skull.

"This is my design."

Then he pulled the trigger...

Will sat up, gasping for air while sweating profusely.

He felt hands grabbing him. Panic rushed through Will as he tried to fight the person off.

"Will! Will, it's me! It's Sam," Sam reassured.

Will's vision adjusted to see his face.

"Sammy," Will whispered.

"Yeah. It's Sammy," Sam smiled.

Will hugged him, grateful that he was safe. Sam hugged him back.

"You got one helluva left hook, you know that," Sam teased, making him chuckle.

He looked over as Adam walked in, patched up with bandages.

"You two look like shit," Adam teased.

"Look who's talking," Will smirked, "How are you feeling?"

"I should be asking you. Do you always sweat like that in your sleep," Adam asked.

Will glanced at his wet pillows and sheets.

"No. Not unless someone is about to die," Will said.

"What did you see," Sam asked, his voice in almost a whisper.

"I saw Dean."