Chapter 51- Changing The Story

WARNINGS: Mentions of Torture, Hallucinations; Blood Consumption

Will pulled up a chair to watch over Sam. He looked quite peaceful when he was sleeping.

"When I told you to practice your powers, I didn't think you'd be dumb enough to drink more demon blood," Will said.

He looked at his unconscious brother, almost like he was waiting for a response.

"Sam, you can be the smartest fucking guy, I've ever met. But sometimes, I wonder how you're even alive," Will snapped, "If you needed help with powers, why didn't you come to me?!"

Sam stirred as he began waking up. Will went quiet to see what he did. He sat up and seemed to be looking at someone in front of his bed.

"You know why... Of course," Sam said, speaking to whoever he saw.

Will silently watched Sam continue talking to his hallucination.

Once he started struggling against his restraints, Will got up and walked over to him.

"Sam," Will said softly, "Hey, it's okay."

"Will... You're not real," Sam said, showing visible discomfort.

"I'm real," Will said, putting his hand into Sam's, "See? It's me."

Relief flooded his face before he broke down in tears.

"I'm... I'm so sorry," Sam cried, speaking in-between gulps of air, "I just... I just wanted to get stronger. I didn't mean to disappoint you too."

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean it. If you wanted to get stronger, you could've come to me," Will said, "I had no problem teaching you."

"I didn't want to add more to your plate," Sam said, his tears streaking down the sides of his face, "You always took care of me. I just wanted... To show you I can be strong... Like you and Dean."

Will rubbed his thumb over Sam's hand, trying to soothe him.

"I know you're strong. You have nothing to prove to me, Sam," Will reassured.

Soon Sam began falling asleep. His crying must've tired him out. Will smiled as Sam's hand still clung to him.

He was using Will as a way to differentiate reality from his mind. He sat down on the floor next to his bed.

Will didn't even realize he fell asleep until he woke up. Except he wasn't actually awake.

Will noticed the elk by the door of the panic room. It was open. Why was it open?

"Follow me."