Chapter 28- Survivors

Nine Months Later

Will packed his duffel bag to fight Lilith. He glanced at Ruby, who was currently stuck in the devil's trap.

"You have questions," Ruby said, stepping towards the edge, "Don't you?"

Will ignored her as she kept talking.

"You want to know what he meant by you being 'the bride'," Ruby said, speaking about yellow-eyes.

Will paused, now intrigued by the conversation.

"What did he mean," Will asked.

"All that so-called Empathy you have is warming you up to your future husband," Ruby said, refusing to give him the answer wanted.

"Who is my 'future husband'? I want answers," Will snapped, making his eyes flash yellow.

Ruby stiffened and, for a moment, she appeared somewhat fearful.

"Lucifer, genius. Azazel was preparing you to be Lucifer's bride," Ruby confessed.

Will shook his head in disbelief.

"No... You're... You're lying," Will said, turning his back.

"Think about it. If Lilith dies, Lucifer is gonna need a backup plan for... Sexual needs," Ruby explained.

"That's why he was so strict regarding my soul," Will whispered.

"Lucifer's orders," Ruby said, "You have a better chance of killing Lilith than the others. I can show you..."

"Ruby, you have helped quite a bit, but I don't trust you," Will interrupted, "Never have and never will."

"I highly doubt that'll remain. In fact, I believe that you will be asking for my help sooner than you think," Ruby smirked, "Still I wonder how your fiancé will take the news of you being the devil's bitch."

Will felt his patience snap. He lunged at her before Sam stopped him.

"Will, breathe. She's just trying to get a rise out of you," Sam reasoned, dragging him away from the demon.

"Why not kill her already? Get it out of the way ahead of time," Will hissed.

"Because we need her," Sam said.

"Says who?!"

"Who else is gonna save your asses," Ruby asked.

"Nobody asked you, black-eyed bitch," Will snapped.