Chapter 22

Kaitlyn Night POV/:

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my mother, father and brother voices downstairs. It Sounded like they were loudly debating something. I looked around the room and noticed Liza was gone but then remembered she told me she was going into town early to talk with a store owner that my uncle suggested her to.

I had to brush my teeth first before I could go downstairs to see what was going on. I hate the taste of my own morning breath in the morning it makes my stomach turn.

After brushing my teeth I walked downstairs only to see everyone standing around the kitchen counter. "What's with all the noise?" I asked gaining their attention immediately. "Kate" said my mom "yeah that's my name" I replied as I walked over to them. I noticed that my dad and brother was dressed the way they usually do when they're about to go into a battle. "Why are you dressed like that" I asked fearing the answer, I hated when they dressed like that because that meant that they were going to go fight and there was a good possibility they wouldn't come back.

"It's nothing Kate, dad and I are just going to go do some light training in the woods we'll be back" said Danny but by the look on my mothers face I could tell that wasn't true.  

I knew my father wasn't going to just let what I told him go last night and I didn't expect him to, I mean I did literally almost die at the hand of those jerk offs. However I thought that he'd at least think things through considering the fact that they're about to walk into the blue moons pack territory with no one but the two of them.......it was reckless and stupid.

________________

Deans Nights POV:

Me and my son walked through the woods making our way to the Blue Moon packs territory. "You shouldn't lie to her like that" I said to Danny. "Oh come on dad she doesn't need to hear about the brutality of the battle field" said Danny.

"She's 18, she can handle it" I replied pushing past the brushes and tree branches.

"You might be right but as her older brother I'd like to do something to protect her, kate has always been so independent as a child, I'm sure you remember that sacred 9 years old who always needed his 5 year old baby sisters help......it was pathetic" said Danny in a gloomy tone.

I sighed, "Danny no child of mine had ever been pathetic, so don't let me hear you say that again"

A few seconds in we came into view of the blue moon pack after making it through our woods and theirs. There were two wolves watching the front entrance. The blue moon packs Alpha wasn't as stupid as his children seeing guards by the village entrance confirmed what Kate told me. It was obvious that they've been scared of an attack from us ever since the night they decided to lay hands on my child.

("Dad how are we going to get past them?, Maybe we should sneak in around back") said Danny through our mind link.

("Danny only Cowards sneak around and attack people off guard") I replied before standing up from behind the bushes.

("Dad?!") said Danny shocked. ("I want them to know I'm here")

("Are you crazy there's 5 big ass wolves guarding the entrance which means there's probably 50 others waiting beyond that gate") said Danny panicking.

("Is that fear I'm hearing from the son of Alpha Dean  Night of the Midnight pack?")

("Of course not") said Danny.

("Good") I replied before stepping forward and unmasking my scent. As soon as I did the guards smelt me and immediately went on alert but it didn't matter. ("Count down") I said to Danny he immediately nodded in understanding.