Chapter 44

Skyler Reinhart POV/:

Xavia told everyone what she told me later that day, they were all just as sad as me when they heard the news but they also understood and made the same decision I did not to burden her any further. We all decided to have a big dinner that night to celebrate Xavia's next step forward in her life, of course Kevin was the one who cooked I swear if he keeps this up I'll hire him as my personal chef.

his food is always so amazing.

"So Sky have you chosen your beta yet?" Asked Kevin putting me on the spot, I cursed him in my head, I was really trying to avoid this considering the circumstances. I can only chose two people as my beta and I have 3 people who wants the spot, Selena, Zack and Paris which means one person will be left out. How do I do this without someone thinking I'm choosing unfairly because I like the other more or something, just then Zack cleared his throat gaining all our attention "About that, Sky I'd like to drop out of the running for the beta position" said Zack everyone looked at him shocked even me.

"Wait why?" Asked Selena he shrugged, "I've decided I want to go live with Xavia" he said Xavia looked at him in shock, "What?" She said "I owe her my life, she took me in when no one else would, she gave me a family when I did not have one, she raised me" he said looking over at Xavia then smiling "She's basically my mom and I don't want her to be alone" Zack continued which brought tears to Xavia's eyes.

Everyone else was tearing up as well at his words. "That is if you'll have me of course?" Zack Asked Xavia smiled and nodded as her tears finally escaped her eyes and she pulled him in for a big hug. "Of course I will, I would love for you to come and stay with me" she said I smiled at the heart warming scene. after everyone calmed down I decided to speak "Well then I guess it's settled, everyone raise you glasses" I said they all did as I said and I looked directly at Paris and Selena "Congratulations Paris and Selena I'm making you both my betas" I said I saw the biggest smile appear on both their faces as they looked at each other then back at me "Thank you" they both said and we all clinked our glasses together in honor of Paris and Selena's new positions.

Before the night came to an end Paris and Selena decided instead of a ceremony in front of the whole pack they would much rather do it now then just announce their new positions in the morning so we all went to the backyard and gathered around.

There was me, Xavia, Kevin, Selena, Paris, Isaac, Jason, and Zack.

We watched from the back porch while Paris and Selena stood in front of Kevin so that he can transfer his power and title to them. It was kind of the same thing that was done between me and Xavia during the Alpha ceremony.....just a little shorter.

I watched as Kevin cut both his hands and Selena and Paris cut one each then he took their hands in his. "Repeat after me, let the goddess of the moon bare witness to this promise, I vow to serve and protect this pack under the Authority of its Alpha" said Kevin.

"let the goddess of the moon bare witness to this promise, I vow to serve and protect this pack under the Authority of it's Alpha" said both Selena and Paris.

"To serve and protect Said Alpha no matter what, even if it means giving my life for hers" said Kevin.

"To serve and protect Said Alpha no matter what, even if it means giving my life for hers" said Selena and Paris.

Kevin's mark on the side of his neck much different from the one Xavia had on her forearm split into two before traveling down from both his shoulders to his forearm then starting to disappear and reappear on both Selena and Paris's necks on the side.