Chapter 3

Skyler Moores POV/:

I was pretty nervous about seeing new people and even more nervous about taking on the title of Alpha but at the same time there was a hint of excitement.

My life has been shit up to now and I really hoped that things would be different here.

I walked downstairs following closely behind Xavia, she was kind of like my shield at the moment as I was nervous out of my mind and she's the only person I knew here. My heart was pounding in my chest as we entered the living room of the house only to see 4 people sitting on the couch and one person standing behind the kitchen counter cooking.

Everyone looked up at me when they noticed I was standing there. How could they not though they probably heard my loud ass heart beat drumming against my chest.

The 4 people on the couch stood up immediately when they saw me and they all looked to be my age or at least around my age.

"You're pretty nervous huh?, I can hear your heart pounding" said one of the guys standing there.

He was tall, muscular with short blond hair, his eyes were a hazelnut brown color and he wore a fitted black compression shirt and loose grey jogging pants. The compression shirt showed the outlining of his muscular body, was this guy really even my age? He's built like a truck.

"Yeah I guess I am" I replied fiddling with my jacket sleeve.

"You don't have to be around us, I'm 17 and my names Paris by the way" said the guy who's name I now know is Paris.

I smiled "Nice to meet you Paris I'm Skyler" I said "We know" said a girl she was tall but not taller then me. She had dark brown wavy hair and ocean blue eyes, she wore a grey jacket and some baggy grey joggers with a white crop top to match that showed her super toned body.

I think I may have been drooling, were all the woman in this pack just goddess like.

"My names Selena and I'm 17 years old as well, this is my brother Jason and he's 15 years old" she said pointing at a boy who looked like the timid quiet type. He was my height and had Dark brown short hair with ocean blue eyes like his sister, if they hadn't told me their ages I would have thought they were twins.

He was pretty nervous too maybe even more than me. I couldn't hear his heart beat or anything but it Wasn't hard to tell.

"Hey" he simply said with a small wave I waved back then looked towards the last guy.

"Oh right I guess it's my turn huh, I'm Zachary but everyone just calls me Zack I'm 18" said Zack.

Zack was the same height as Paris and you could also tell he works out, Zack had jet black hair and light green eyes. He wore a brown leather jacket and a white T shirt with some black ripped jeans and all black boots, he had a nose piercing in the right side of his nose and both his ears were pierced.

His hair was long but pulled into a low man bun so you couldn't tell.

He was obviously the bad boy type, the type girls fall head over heels for only to get their hearts broken because he turned out to be a man whore.

The girls at my school would definitely eat him up. Me too if I was the type I mean he's pretty damn handsome. Too bad we both got the same thing between our legs....and I consider myself a lesbian.

After being introduced to the teens.

Xavia walked me over to the counter where a tall buff man was standing fixing plates of food.

He looked up at me and smiled "And this is Kevin he's the current beta of the pack as he was chosen by me who holds the Alpha title right now" said Xavia

"Yes once Xavia give you the title I plan to step down so that you may pick your own beta" he said his deep voice shocking me momentarily.

"Before I give you the title I'd like to be the one to train you if that's alright with you?" He added I nodded.

"Yes you'll start your training with him then me later when your completely ready"  Xavia explained I nodded in understanding. Of course I didn't expect to just be thrown into the role of Alpha....I wouldn't last a day with that much responsibility and I'm not ready.

"For today let's eat!" Said Kevin everyone immediately went to take a seat at the table. I just stood there a little unsure if I should join....that was until Paris pulled out a chair between him and Selena. "You coming?" He asked I was hesitant at first but then walked over and took a seat in between the two. Paris patted my shoulder in a friendly matter and smiled warmly at me.

This was the first time I had ever felt welcomed and honestly....it was a great feeling.

After breakfast Selena volunteered to show me around.

"And this is our training grounds anyone in the pack is allowed to train here and at anytime" she said before turning around on her heels with her hands behind her back facing me. "Sooo alpha have any thought on which one of us your going to choose as your beta?" Asked Selena with a charming smile.

"Did you volunteer to show me around just to gain my favor?" I asked "that and your the only other girl in this pack my age" she said with a shrug before stretching her arms over her head causing her jacket to come up and her belly to show a bit.

"Well I'm not Alpha yet" I pointed out "Right of course you still got time" she said before beginning to walk again.

Followed, "Got a boyfriend?" She asked obviously just tryna make small talk. I shook my head no, "Not really into guys" I said she looked at me oddly for a moment and I got kind of scared thinking she was going to be just like everyone else in my old pack.

"Cool neither am I"

"Oh" I said shocked she raised an eyebrow at me "Why'd you say it like that?" She asked

"It's just a little surprising you don't really look like the type" I said.

"What because I'm girly?" She asked sounding a little offended.

"No your right I'm sorry" I said not really wanting her to get mad, the mood got awkward before she suddenly punched my arm lightly. "Oh calm down it's fine" she said, I smiled a little as we made it back in front of the Main pack house.

"I should get going back home" she said I was confused I was under the impression that they all stayed here. "Do you not live here?" I asked she chuckled and shook her head.

"Xavia and Zack do, me, Kevin, Paris and my brother live at home with our families" she said

"Oh" I replied, must be nice.

"Don't tell me you're going to miss me already" she said playfully seeing me frown. "I- maybe I mean you did say we were the only girls that's the same age in this pack" I said repeating what she told me.

"True but you'll see me every day so no need to worry".