Chapter 20

Kaitlyn Night POV/:

"This is my daughter, the one I was telling you about" said my dad. Roman looked at me and smiled "Hey I've heard so much about y-" he said but I cut him off feeling my blood starting to boil as I looked at my dad.

Was he really trying to set me up right now?.

"It's been only a few months and you're already trying to set me up with some guy?" I said my dad looked taken back by my response.
"Kate-" he said but I cut him off as well. "Was the fact that I was in love with a girl that sicking to you?" I asked.

I balled my fist as I stared my dad Down. Deep down I knew that my father wasn't like that but I couldn't help but think it in this moment. "Kate-" he tried speaking again but I once again cut him off not wanting to hear it.

"You can count this as a rejection, I don't want you" I said to Roman before grabbing my jacket from the coat rack. My mother and brother who was still sitting at the table looked shocked as well. "I'm going out" I said before leaving out of the front door and being sure to slam it.

I left the house in a fit of anger, I didn't know where I was going so I just walked around until eventually I ended up at the towns park.

I walked over and sat down on the swings, I might have overreacted a bit but I didn't care....he really pissed me off.

As I was swinging slightly on the swings I looked up at the cloudy morning skies as a warm breeze wrapped around me and I closed my eyes letting the sun shine on my face. I haven't felt this in a while.....honestly I've forgotten how it feels to be outside. I breathed in the fresh air before letting out a deep sigh, there were barely any people around as it was so early in the morning so nothing but the songs of the morning birds and the sound of the wind blowing slightly every few minutes could be heard.

Just then I saw a girl passing by, she was the same height as Sky and her hair was the same color, I suddenly smelt the smell of maple.

It's her!

I immediately jumped up from the swings rushing over and grabbing the girls arm. "Sky!" I said the girl turned around with a confused expression on her face and I realized that she wasn't sky and when I looked down at her hoodie I seen a syrup stain on the arm of it.......that must've been why I was smelling maple.

I immediately let go of her arm and stepped back "Oh....I'm sorry I thought you were someone else" I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Hey it's ok it was an accident" she said, her voice was soothing. I ended up crying in her arms and even though she didn't know me she still didn't hesitate to warp her arms around me.

Great now I'm sobbing in a strangers arms. After crying she suggested that we both sit together on the parks bench, so we did. I sniffed and the girl reached into her book bag before grabbing out a few napkins and handing them to me. I thanked her and used them to blow my nose, ugh this was so embarrassing. "I'm sorry you must think I'm pathetic" I said wiping at my wet eyes, she chuckled "No I don't, I think you're someone who's having a hard time....that I can understand" she said before letting out a deep sigh.

It was obvious that she had problems of her own as well but she didn't seem to want to talk about them so I didn't pry. "I'm Liza by the way, what's your name?" She asked "Kate" I replied. The girl whose name I now know is Liza smiled.

"Nice to meet you Kate" she said "Likewise" I replied.

As I looked at her I realized that I've never seen her around before. This was my packs territory so I pretty much knew everyone and if I didn't then they most definitely knew me because they knew my father who's the Alpha of the pack.