Chapter 59

Kaitlyn Night POV/:

I quickly ran upstairs to Melody's Nursery opening the door and walking inside immediately feeling a cool breeze and smelling the smell of burning leaves. I looked up at the open window and my heart was pounding in my chest.

Why is that window open? "Who could've-" I said but stopped and looked over at Mel's crib.

"No..." I said my heart pounding in my chest as I slowly walked over to the crib. I feared the worst as the inside of the crib finally came into view I gasped and shook my head as tears poured from my eyes.

My baby was missing someone took my melody. My heart sink in my chest as I stumbled backwards but two arms caught me. "Kate?!" Said a familiar voice I turned around to see Jason holding me up as Isaac walked in as well. "What's wrong where's Mel?" asked Issac "They took her.....they took my daughter" I said. "What?!" Said Jason and Isaac both at the same time in disbelief, Issac rushed over to the crib then over to the window before turning around and looking at me with a sympathetic look.

"Come on Kate we have to get you out of here" said Jason.

Jason and Issac both helped me downstairs and was about to take me through the back door but I shook my head as he tried pulling me with them.

"No I'm not going anywhere I have to find my daughter" I said. Just then Paris walked in bloody and naked he saw the look on my face and stopped "Where's the baby?" He asked "Someone took her from her crib" said Jason.

Paris was pissed "How?!" He asked with a shout "We don't know" said Isaac.

Paris pushed his hair back before speaking again "Ok you two get Kate to safety" he said but I shook my head while wiping away my tears and putting on a serious face. "I'm not going anywhere unless it's to find my daughter" I said Paris facial expression softened. "Kate-" he tried saying but I cut him off "My daughter is all that matters to me right now" I said stepping forward, Paris sighed before looking up at me then at Issac and Jason.

"She's right we have to find Melody, you two search the woods, that's the only exit from our territory and right now it's up in flames, if they went through there they couldn't have gotten all that far" said Paris.

"Ok" said Issac as him and Jason both started to leave. "Wait I'm coming with you" I said Paris

shook his head.

"If your refusing to get to safety then we need you here our alpha is gone right now which means you are second in command Kate" said Paris.

I was conflicted thinking about my child but then seeing our people be slaughtered outside trying to protect this pack made my heart ache.

I sighed and made a choice, "Ok I trust you two, bring my little girl back to me" I said, Jason and Issac both nodded before running out of the back door. I turned around to face Paris "What now Luna Kate?" Asked Paris I closed my eyes trying to think.

What would my father and Danny do in this situation? I asked myself before reopening my eyes as something came to mind.

"Have our troops set up a defense separating us from the enemy, then have our elderly, Wounded, and children hidden in the underground bunkers, anyone else capable of fighting back tell them to come out and contact Sky immediately" I said giving Pairs his orders.

He nodded and ran off to fulfill them. I ran back upstairs to grabbed my phone so that I can call my dad and Danny but when I picked it up and tried to dial out it said no signal.

Of course they cut off our communications.

I threw the phone down in frustration before going over to the closet and grabbing out a box, I opened the box and pulled out my silver twin blades that my father gave me for emergency's.