Chapter 26

Your author Speaking/: This is the first book of mine to get a number 1 ranking and I'm over the moon right now. Thank you all for the reads, likes, and comments.

____________________________________

Skyler Reinhart POV/:

The weekend of the Alpha ceremony came In the blink of an eye. I was no where near in the mood for it though. But at the same time I was happy to finally be able to take the title of Alpha and actually be worthy of it.

My confidence in myself and in my abilities were higher than they were before I left. I knew for sure that as this packs alpha I could protect it and everyone in it.

I was still nervous though, and worried that the people wouldn't accept me. I mean before I left I wasn't all that connected with the wolves of the Reinhart pack I was too afraid of being rejected so I just didn't approach them at all. The only ones I hung out with and talked to were, Xavia, Zack, Jason, Paris, Selena and Kevin.....they're my family and the first people I met when coming to this pack.

Just as I was in my bedroom pacing back in front nervously waiting for all the pack wolves to gather in the pack training area.

Selena came walking in "I'm so excited" she said before looking at me "But you on the other hand look like you're about to throw up, you ok?" She asked seeing the look on my face. I sighed "Yeah just nervous, anyways why are you so happy?" I asked "don't tell me you've forgotten? Once you become alpha you get to choose your new beta" said Selena reminding me of the hard choices I'll have to make between my friends later.

Ugh this sucks.

"And what makes you so sure that she's going to choose you?" Said Zack entering the room with Jason and Paris. "Because I'm the obvious smart choice I'm better than you all in combat" said Selena boosting about her abilities. "Bullshit, I bested you last week" said Zack, "You cheated" said Selena "I'm the correct choice I've trained more then any of you" said Paris. "Just because you've gone and made yourself look like Muscle man doesn't mean you're the correct choice, a beta has to have a strong bond with their Alpha as well" Zack pointed out.

I sighed and slipped away knowing that they weren't about to stop arguing anytime soon.

I walked downstairs quietly so that they couldn't hear me leaving, and made my way outside for some much needed fresh air.

Just when I thought no one had seen me I heard the door open and someone step outside. I turned around to see that it was just Jason "Oh it's just you Jason" I said a little relieved, Jason was the quiet type who didn't talk much.....well at least not to me anyways.

"You came here to plead your case about being my new Beta?" I asked Jason shook his head no and stood next to me. "You're extremely nervous I can hear it in your heart beat" he pointed out. I seem to forget that as wolves we have that pesky ability to hear onces heart beat, it's convenient when searching for enemies but a drag when trying to hide your true feelings. "Yeah I've noticed" I said looking at the cloudy blue Sky before looking back over at Jason when I realized something.