Chapter 23

⚠️Warning Time jumps ahead ⚠️

Kaitlyn Night POV/:

1 year later

It's been a year now, I'm now 19 years old and a soon to be freshman in college, once I've been accepted that is. Sky still hasn't come back and honestly I'm starting to give up hope that she ever will.

besides that things have been better for me, I made up with my best friend Freya around the same time I did with my father just like 3 or 4 months later. it was awkward at first because she practically confessed to me when she apologized for the 8th time. apparently her jealousy had a role to play in the way she treated sky however she understands that I don't feel the same way about her and even with my clear rejection we both still decided to continue being best friends.

I do feel kind of guilty for not realizing the difference in the way she was looking at me sooner but in my defense she said her crush on me didn't start until the 10th grade in high school when we had that sleep over with some classmates and played truth or dare.

Yes it's exactly what you're thinking she was dared to kiss me.......so we did.

Don't judge me we've all been there I was 16 ok, young and stupid, we both were. I never thought she'd catch feelings from something like that but then again Freya has always been the type to fall In love easily.

Anyways, I gained another friend Liza who fits right in with Cole and Freya, I've become pretty close with her as well. I've also learned a lot from my mom about how to be a Luna.....even though now I'll probably never get to chance to.

We were sitting in my room on my bed while Liza helped me with putting makeup on. She said she needed someone to practice on and begged me to be her dummy today, but I've been sitting here for hours with my eyes closed and my back was hurting. "Ughhhh! Are you done yet?" I asked opening my eyes.

"Stop whining you agreed to this" she said as she looked through the makeup bag my mom let us borrow. I pouted and Liza chuckled "Your cute when you pout" she said I rolled my eyes playfully at her and she laughed even more.

After we finished she decided to let me finally look in the mirror.

The makeup was actually pretty............damn horrible, I looked like a clown.

"So how's it?" Asked Liza. "You don't have any plans on becoming a makeup artist do you?" I asked "Geez it's that bad?" Asked Liza laughing. "Yes now come and help me wash this off before my family mistake me for a killer clown" I said causing Liza to crack up even more. "Ok" she said. 

I sat on the edge of the bathroom tub while Liza stood in from of me holding my face as she wiped it with a wet cloth.

Now that I'm looking at her.....she's really pretty. I found myself staring at her the entire time.

"Stop looking at me like that or I may mistake it for  you wanting to kiss me" she said in a unserious tone making sure I could tell that she was joking. This was kind of our thing, we were comfortable enough to joke like this with one another.

I rolled my eyes "Please, kissing me is a privilege you don't deserve" I said before winking at her. She chuckled "I'm sure it is" she said before wiping up the last bit of makeup and stepping back.

"There you have your beautiful face back" she said, I looked in the mirror examining it.

"Why thank you kind Ma'am" I said before leaving the bathroom. "You're so very welcome" she replied, I chuckled. "I'm going to go grab something from the cafe in town to eat, you want something?" I asked Liza shook her head.