Chapter 60

Skyler Reinhart's POV:

It was a sunny day and I was away from home in another wolfs territory with Selena my beta as I had left Paris at home to mange things while I'm gone and look after Kate and Mel for me.

"So what you're saying is this alliance is to save your pack?" Asked Selena as we talked to the Alpha of the starling light pack, her name is Adira light and she has the 3rd strongest pack in the area with ours being the first.

"Yes see-" said Alpha Adira starting to talk but was being drowned out by someone trying to connect with me through a personal mind link. I sighed annoyed didn't I tell the pack to directly all questions and concerns to Paris. I opened my mind to them allowing them to link to me only to hear Paris strained voice it was as if he was fighting or something.

("Sky you have to get back here now") said Paris, ("Paris?!, what why what's wrong") I asked ("where under attack and Mel-") he said pausing. My eye grew dark hearing my daughter's name ("Mel what Paris?") I asked ("Mel she's....") said Paris trialing off again as if he was struggling to keep his composure. ("MEL WHAT PARIS?!") I yelled ("Mel is missing") he said.

I growled ("WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN MY DAUGHTER IS MISSING?!") i yelled.

("She was took from her crib in the mist of the confusion") he said with an ashamed tone of voice.

("HOW THE FUCK WAS SHE TOOK FROM HER CRIB PARIS WHEN I LEFT YOU IN CHARGE OF PROTECTING HER?!!?") I yelled again. ("I'm sorry alpha") was all Paris could say, I growl before cutting off the mind link and shooting up from my seat. My eyes immediately shot to Alpha Adira and a growl erupted from my throat as I stalked towards her and yanked her up from her chair slamming her hard against the wall.

Selena looked confused but got on guard as Alpha Adiras beta started to growl but I didn't give a damn.

"You asked us here just so you can plan an attack on my pack?" I asked looking at her in disgust as I growled in her face. She looked terrified and confused all in one "What are you talking?" She asked "Don't  play fucking stupid with me" I snarled "Why would I attempt to attack a pack who I've been practically begging for help this whole meeting?" said Alpha Adira.

"How do I know you're not lying to me?" I asked "look outside at my people and you'll see for yourself" she said with a growl.

"Sky their pack his starving they barely have enough strength to stand let alone lead an attack and if what your saying is True then we need to get back to the pack now we don't have time for this" said Selena.

She was right I let go of Alpha Adira and walked to the door with Selena. "Wait what about our deal my people need-" said Alpha Adira desperately "Once this crisis is over I'll come back  for now here" I said before walking over and placing down a brown paper bag. "this should be enough cash to buy food for the people of your pack until then" I said. Alpha Adira and her beta looked shocked as they looked into the bag but more than grateful at the same time.

After doing that I got in the car and Selena drove as fast as she could to get us back to the house in time. While she was driving I contacted Kate's family hoping that they could get to Kate faster than I could right now.

My heart was pounding in my chest as anger boiled inside me, my mate was and danger and so was my daughter I slammed my fist against the dashboard "FUCK!" I shouted in frustration as I leaned back in the seat.

Why is this happening to us, why now things were going so well.

"Who would want to attack us" I asked out loud "I don't know but by the timing of it this was definitely planned, whoever planned it must've known you were going to be leaving to me with another pack" said Selena "How would they have known that the only people who knew were the ones in our pack" I said.

"Priestly either we've been betrayed by one of our own" said Selena.

"Or I've been being watched" I added with a growl.

The ride there would have took hours in the car so we used the car to get half way there and ran the rest of the way in our wolf forms.