Chapter 14

Skyler Reinhart POV/:

After a pretty awkward breakfast with Kate's family this morning.....mostly because I couldn't let go of what her father said to me during our ride to his house.

I was standing outside of the main pack house waiting for Kate, we were supposed to meet up with her friends today in hangout in a nearby town but Kate had lost her phone and went back up to her bedroom to find it. As I was waiting I suddenly heard grunting like someone was hurting, I followed the sound in which lead me to the packs backyard training area. I got closer but not to close not wanting whoever was back there to notice me, but close enough to see who it was back there.

I peaked from the side of the house only to see Dean Kate's father and Danny Kate's brother sparing.

The way Dean moved was unbelievable, it was like something out of an anime. His speed was insane but even so his punches were precise he never missed one.

I watched as he punched Danny in the chest knocking him back, just that one punch was so powerful enough to knock all the wind out of Danny forcing him to drop to his hands and knees gasping for air. Dean was no little men he was extremely large in height and muscular.....but then again Danny wasn't all that small either he was tall almost the same height as his father and muscular but no where near Deans level of fitness. It was like watching two ogres go head to head.....kind of frightening to be honest.

Once Dean noticed that Danny wasn't getting back to his feet on his own, he walked over to him and offered him his hand.

"That's enough for today we'll go again tomorrow train tonight and take time to reflect and realize the mistakes you've made today" said Dean in his naturally deep raspy voice to Danny.

"I'm pretty sure I didn't make any, your just freakishly strong dad" said Danny

"That's true but it doesn't matter how much strength you have, if you don't fight with a strategy you'll always lose"  said Dean.

"How am I supposed to Strategize when you're coming at me so fast?" Asked Danny. "Clear your mind and calm your body, you're tense when you fight and your attacks hardly land...in a real fight that will be the very thing that kills you" Dean explained before putting on his tank top.

Just as they were grabbing their things to leave and I was about to turn and leave as well, so that they wouldn't know I was spying on them....it was just my luck that I ended up stepping on a branch causing their heads to snap towards me who was standing there frozen. "Sky?" Said Danny as he walked over to me.

Dean jut stood there with his arms folded across his chest and a cold look on his face as his gaze met mine for a moment before I looked away and focused on Danny who was walking towards me with a smile. "Tell me you didn't see me get my ass handed to me" said Danny embarrassedly. I chuckled awkwardly "I wasn't here long" I replied he looked at me as if trying to tell if I was lying. As he did so I became more nervous until finally he spoke again.

"Good I can't have my little sister in law seeing how weak I am" he said with a chuckle as he patted my shoulder. "Too bad She already knows loser" said Kate walking over to us before waving her phone in my face. "Found It!" She said happily.

"Don't believe a word kate says she's been hating on me since she was a baby" said Danny whispering to me but I was quite sure Kate was still able to hear him. Kate frowned "Stop filling my girlfriends head with lies, I just figured out how utterly useless you were before everyone else" Kate said proudly with a shrug but I was to shall shocked to even think about anything else in that moment other then the fact that she just called me her girlfriend!.

We've been together for a few weeks now nearly a month but we never once labeled each other as anything other then mates.

Everyone knows that even as ones mate it doesn't automatically mean the two of you are dating, especially considering the fact that when two wolves are mated most of the time they are complete strangers to one another....it's rare for mates to know each other before they become mates or.....at least I've never seen it happen.