104. Pathik (Part 4)

Follow me on Instagram for story-related updates, some creative content and to rant your heart out - handle is- suganthii.writes

--

Jagdish chuckled. "No, to my Maa, you're the wisest one. I'm sure she's thanked you countless times for accepting me as your husband, hasn't she?"

Nishita smiled as she leaned casually against the wall. "Yes, she has."

"For parents, their child always remains just that—a child," he explained thoughtfully. "Even as they grow into mature adults, parents never fully let go of the image of the baby they once cradled in their arms."

She kept her gaze fixed on Jagdish's face. It was in moments like these that a different side of him shone through. Unlike many others, this man never resorted to easy pronouncements of right or wrong, he never painted the world in stark black and white. His explanations, delivered in a calming baritone, revealed a man of quiet maturity. He possessed an almost uncanny ability to step outside himself and consider the emotional landscape from all angles. In his thoughtful eyes, Nishita saw a reflection of his empathetic soul—a man with a heart as open and understanding as his mind.

"So?" Jagdish questioned as he straightened his kurta, his hand trying to press on an adamant crease.

Nishita's eyes flickered rapidly, her thoughts fading away. A hint of sadness crept into her voice as she said, "So... About to abandon me? Leaving from here?"

Blinking in surprise, he stared straight at her. "You want me to stay?"

"Just... what if," she began tentatively, her voice dropping to a whisper, "what if I, hypothetically, didn't want you to go?

A teasing smile played on his lips. "Hypotheticals won't get you anywhere, my love. You got to tell me straight. Do you want me to stay?"

"Whatever." She pushed herself off the wall and stood straight. "I'll just be here, you know, missing you... a lot," she murmured, blurting it out like a fool and scrunching her nose in annoyance.

He closed the distance between them. "Wifey," he started, his voice dropping to a low rumble, "three days. That's all. How dramatic can you get?"

She choked back a sob, a single tear escaping and tracing a glistening path down her cheek and she dropped her towel. Her chin trembled as she mumbled a barely audible, "Yeah."

Jagdish's heart ached at the sight. How could she feel so much for him? Did she already love him? Was she...

He reached out, his touch feather-light as he cupped her face. With a gentle nudge, he tilted her head up, his eyes searching hers. "Nishita," he murmured, his voice thick with concern. "Look at me."

Her eyes met his, and she whispered, "Jagdish, would you do anything for me?"

"Demand it of me, wifey. You have that right, and more," he muttered, his thumb wiping her tears.

It looked like she was hesitating more than necessary and Jagdish encouraged her by gently caressing her cheeks.

She gulped nervously. "Kiss me, Jagdish," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. Leaning in, her lips hovered mere centimeters from his. "I want you to kiss me."

Was it the faint hint of blue in her grey eyes or the way her lips had subtly parted? Oh, perhaps it was the way she pressed herself against him, so desperately as if this was her last wish and he was the only one who could grant it.

He had no fucking clue what was his undoing and he cursed, "Oh, damn it!" as he couldn't resist anymore. Control could fuck itself as her tears demanded more and he leaned closer, his right hand slipping to her nape as he crushed his lips on hers.

--

A/N

"Saibo"

That's all.

Vote share COMMMENT (Ik you guys are going to be crazy angry for just one update today, but kinda busy since yesterday so all my drafts are almost over and I don't want to have gaps in my daily update policy.)

)