138. Beej (Part 3)

Follow me on Instagram for story-related updates, some creative content and to rant your heart out - handle is- suganthii.writes

--

"Lost in the beauty of the ocean, are we?" Jagdish chuckled. "Tell me, wifey, what made you want to come here today?"

Nishita's beauty had blossomed, transforming in ways that took his breath away. Marriage had brought a change; her once slender figure now boasted gorgeous curves that sent his pulse racing every time he saw her. Each day, he found himself captivated by how she moved, her confidence, and the softness that enveloped her. Disbelief washed over him as he brushed his hand against her waist. This woman was his wife, what a lucky guy.

But it wasn't just her looks that made him weak, her beauty was a mere reflection of her soul. Her pure, selfless nature, more evident now than ever, was the real turn-on. She had an innate kindness, a willingness to put others first, that shone through in every action and word. Though she often donned a mask of resilience for the world, with him, the facade dissolved. In his presence, he had observed that she was utterly unburdened, free to be her authentic self. His greatest joy was crafting a haven for her spirit—a refuge where she could shed all pretense and embrace her true nature.

He admired her strength, yet cherished the moments when she let her guard down, showing her vulnerability. Every day, he found new reasons to fall deeper in love with her, appreciating both her outer beauty and the incredible woman she was inside. Their home, a testament to their mutual respect and admiration, flourished not just as a dwelling, but as a sanctuary where they could grow, thrive, and find solace in each other's embrace.

"Hold on," she said, her eyebrows arching as she met his gaze. "Why this sudden question? Do I need some special reason to leave the house?"

He chuckled, pulling her in. "Not a bit," he said. "But asking me to take you out specifically... that's something unusual, wouldn't you say?"

Nishita pouted. "I thought husbands were supposed to enjoy taking their wives out. It's not like going on dates after marriage is some kind of torture, right?"

"Never said it was torture," he countered with a grin. "I just said it's a little unusual. You've never asked me to take you out before."

"Well, there's a first time for everything," she huffed. "Consider this it."

The setting sun cast a warm glow on her skin, making her glow like gold. He couldn't take his eyes off her. "Okay, my love," he whispered, pulling her even closer.

The sun, a fiery ember, dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in a breathtaking display of orange and pink. She stood beside him, her gaze fixed on the vibrant canvas above. A heavy silence hung between them, punctuated only by the faint hum of distant beachgoers. Jagdish stole a glance at her, a knot of worry twisting in his gut. Nishita seemed troubled.

He knew his wife. Nature was her refuge, a place where she found peace. Traveling wasn't just about the sights; it was about connecting with the world, meeting new people, and even helping them with their problems. These were the things that brought a serene smile to her face. Yet, today, that smile was absent. Her lips were pressed into a thin line, and he could almost see the unshed tears welling up in her eyes. Was it the upcoming exam that had her on the verge of tears?

His fingers brushed her cheek, a hesitant question forming on his lips. "Hey, you okay?"

She wore a dress in his favorite color, a delicate shade of salmon pink. Although he couldn't bring himself to meet her tear-filled eyes, he found himself unable to look away from her. She looked so stunning that despite the worry etched on her face, he felt an almost irresistible urge to kiss her.

"I... I am..." Nishita stammered.

Jagdish encouraged. "You are..? Is it the exam that's bothering you?" Jagdish inquired, taking a deep breath. "Nishita, if you'd like, I can take you to Pune. You could stay for a month to focus completely – that might help put your mind at ease."

"Ugh, no!" she hissed, blowing out a frustrated breath. She fumbled with her shirt, her voice strained. "Let me finish, please!"

He flinched, his worry deepening with her sharp tone. "Okay, okay," he replied.

Her cheeks flushed a delicate pink. "I... I..." she fumbled for words, her eyes flitting nervously. Jagdish watched, concern etched on his face. Finally, she blurted out, "Jagdish, we... we're going to be parents!"

--

A/N

Finally, it's out! Nishita said to him!

"Aao Na" for my lovelies.

Vote share COOOMMENT!