120. Kalaha (Part 5)

Follow me on Instagram for story-related updates, some creative content and to rant your heart out - handle is- suganthii.writes

--

The door swung open, and his breath caught in his throat. His eyes widened in shock as they met her tear-filled gaze, her cheeks glistening with fresh tears. The weight of her sadness hit him like a wave. "Oh, my love!"

In an instant, he yanked her into his arms, his voice rough with emotion. "I'm fucking sorry, Nishita, I'm so, so, so, so, so, sorry..." His words spilled out in a desperate chant as she clung to him, tears mixing with his own. "I've been the shittiest husband. You don't fucking deserve any of this."

She hit his chest hard, her eyes blazing with fury and tears streaking down her cheeks. "How dare you shout at me!" she yelled, her voice quivering with indignation. "How could you fucking do this, huh? I came here to be with you, and you... You left me all alone!" Her hands clenched into fists against his chest, trembling with emotion. "You didn't even have the fucking decency to come to me and ask for forgiveness, to explain yourself."

"My love, I am sorry, I am so fucking sorry!" he repeated, his voice cracking as tears streamed down his cheeks. "It's my fault, darling. I don't understand why I've been like this lately... I have never been like this before!"

"I will not forgive you!" she screamed, her fists pounding against his chest. Her eyes filled with a fresh set of tears, her voice breaking with strain. "I will not listen to you! Everything is a lie, you don't love me, all this is your fake flowery shit."

Suddenly, he collapsed to his knees, wrapping his arms around her ankles, his head pressed against her feet. "I don't know what else to do, Nishita," he pleaded, his voice cracking with despair. "I'm here, I'm begging you, enough of this punishment. Please forgive me. I can't live without you. I'm such a fucking fool!" His grip tightened, his desperation evident as he clung to her.

--

Nishita's resolve crumbled, and she cried out in anguish, "Oh, Jagdish, what are you doing!"

"No, I have wronged you," he sobbed, his voice choked with guilt. "This is not what I had promised you or myself. I love you so much... That day... I was just thinking about Maa... and I'm sure you were concerned and wanted to help me. But what a fool I am! I shouted at you, shunned you." His voice broke further as he buried his face against her feet. "Oh God, what kind of sin have I committed to let myself become this... this disgusting monster!" His whole body shook with the weight of his remorse, each word a testament to self-loathing.

"No, Jagdish, please!" she cried, dropping to her knees in front of him, her hands grasping his tear-streaked face with a desperate tenderness. "Look at me, please... I forgive you. Oh, Kanha! I can't bear to see you like this." Her voice trembled with a mix of sorrow and urgency. "Jagdish, look at me, please..." She gently lifted his chin, her eyes pleading with his, searching for a sign that he understood, that her forgiveness could bring him some solace.

She couldn't bear to see him crying; this wasn't her Jagdish. Her Jagdish was a picture of calmness, a picture of absolute loveliness, not this trembling man who was a mess in his own chaos. His sorrow carved a deep wound in her soul, its weight threatening to overwhelm her. She yearned to show him that their bond could withstand any storm. He could express his anger, his love, and even his tears—but not this, not this complete breakdown while she stood in front of him, being his pillar. No, she wouldn't let her love be like this.

Love? Your Love...?

Her lips gently kissed his forehead. "Look at me, Jagdish..." she beckoned him softly, her voice shaking as much as her hands. She cupped his face, pulling him closer, her heart aching at the sight of his tear-streaked cheeks. "My... Jagdish..."

His beautiful brown eyes, filled with sorrow and confusion, met hers. She couldn't hold back any longer. Her hands pressed his head against hers, their foreheads touching as if she could transfer her strength to him through the contact. And then... She tilted her head slightly, her lips tender and desperate, kissing him with all the passion she could muster. Her eyes closed in a tide of overwhelming love as she poured her heart into the kiss and let herself drown in the land of umber and bronze.

--

A/N

"O Saathi Re" is such a haunting melody. I remember hearing it for the first time and feeling like- "Bahut hi serious nahi hai, lyrics toh kafi cute hai." (Isn't it too serious for such cute lyrics?)

Vote share COOMMENT!