Mark Has An Idea...brilliant...

Chapter 65-

Mark and I get off the stage and head back to our friends who are waiting for us. 

"Awesome job you guys!" Wade says, giving Mark a bro hug and patting my head. I glare at him and he laughs and then hugs me. Adam and I hug too and then Jordan and I hug. We go back to the convention floor and walk around and autograph and chat with fans. I check out some Studio Ghibli merchandise and get a little Totoro pillow. We test out some games and even go to a few panels where there's room. Overall it's a productive day. When all is said and done, we head to the hotel and Jordan suggests that we go swimming. "It's later so the younger kids will be gone, and we'll have the whole area to ourselves. Give or take some elderly people..." We debate and then agree. We separate for our rooms and I claim the bathroom to change into my only swim suit which happens to be a bikini. I grimace and tie a towel around my waist and step out. Mark's already changed and sitting on the bed. "Ready?" he asks.

"Yeah," I nod and we head out and down to the floor level. The elevator ride is cold, considering we both lack legitimate clothing.  We step out and follow the posted signs to the pool. Mark shows our hotel card so we get access and go in through the very clean and polished window doors. The pool deck is warm and comfortable. The three other guys are already at a table. They wave us over and we go. I take off my towel and set it on the table and we all go to the edge. Wade pushes Mark in and he pulls him in with him. I think about them as kids. I know they met when they were kids so I bet they did stuff like this before. Way back when. I wonder what they were like when they were kids. 

Suddenly I lose my balance and fall into the pool screaming. I hit the water and freak out and start waving my arms around in a very panicky manor. I open my mouth and suck in water and start to cough and gag on the chlorinated mix. I try to touch the bottom but I can't see or feel for it so I'm just struggling and panicking like an idiot. Suddenly two arms latch under mine and pull me up. I suck in cold air and start gagging more on water. I try to cough it out but it fails. 

"What the hell was that?!" I hear Mark shouting.

"I thought she could swim!" Jordan defends himself. I try to open my eyes but dripping water gets into my eyes and burns. I limp lamely in whosoever arms I'm in. I feel two more latch under and pull me onto the deck. A thumb wipes one eye and then the other. 

"Kiera, you okay?" Adam asks. I nod and heavy sighs of relief are heard. I open my eyes and cough water up and start to breath heavily, regaining air into my lungs that were lacking seconds ago.

"Kiera I'm so sorry! I didn't know you couldn't swim," Jordan starts to say. I wait to respond so I don't choke yet again.

"Actually I can swim. I'm a very good swimmer. Just the fact that I was suddenly pushed into a pool with no warning was disorienting. You didn't mean to, so it's fine. I'm alright. Just startled," I say, rubbing my eyes. Mark drapes a towel over me and sits by me. "Who pulled me up?" I ask curiously.

"Me," Wade says, "Adam got you onto the deck while Mark went off on Jordan." 

"I heard some of that," I say looking at Jordan. He looks upset. "Jordan, I'm alright. No worries, don't get upset, okay? I'm alive, no cuts or bruises."

"Okay, I just feel bad. I could have hurt you..."

"But you didn't and you did mean to. So, come here," I say. He does and I hug him again. We all sit down and let me regain my breath and then go back to swimming. I slide in while the boys jump in like boys do. I latch myself onto Jordan's back and then climb onto his shoulders. Mark notices and climbs onto Wade's shoulders. 

"May I challenge you my lady?" he asks, bowing his head. 

"Of course good sir," I say. Jordan and Wade bring us close to each other and Adam shouts a loud, "GO!" I swing a hand at Mark who tilts back and then tries to grab me but misses. He leans forward and almost falls over but Wade stabilizes himself and Mark. Jordan nudges me and then lunges forward. I slam into Mark who falls back and brings Wade and him crashing down. 

"Kiera and Jordan are the winners!" Adam cheers. Wade pops up and then Mark who has the biggest grin on his face.

"What's that for?" I ask.

"I have an idea!" He announces.

Oh great...