Comic Con!

Chapter 62-

It's a brisk afternoon in fallish summer time here in LA. It's that temperature that you could wear a sweatshirt but it's not required or you could just wear a t shirt if you wanted. I sit in the living room and play on my laptop as Mark coops himself up in his room, editing and screaming away. I look at my facebook feed and suddenly a private message pops up in the lower corner. It's from Jordan and Adam.

Adam: Are you and Mark going to comic con next month?

Me: no, we haven't planned on it. are you guys?

Adam: yeah, both of us are going and i think some others are too. you guys should join us. it'd be a  new adventure. what's mark doing right now?

Kiera: editing and screaming. I can get him real quick. brb.

I send my message and get up and head to Mark's room. They bring up a good point, it'd be an adventure and we kind of need an adventure in our lives. Plus, then, we could meet our friends and just hang out and maybe even befriend some other non gamer Youtubers.

"Hey, Mark, you got a second?" I ask, tapping at his door. I hear him get up and open the door.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Come over here, Jordan and Adam messaged me or us I should say," I say, showing him the message feed.

"Well, it's a good idea, I never thought about it. Do you think we can still get all the fancy stuff for it?"

"I bet if we get on the ball about it we can. Maybe Adam or Jordan could hook us up with some stuff if that doesn't work."

"Ask them," he says, standing behind me.

Kiera: We're thinking about it now and were wondering if you guys think there'd be any chance of us getting the fancy badges or passes or something?

Jordan: I can get you guys some stuff, I know some important people. I bet Adam could do a better job though and probably a lot quick.

Adam: So it's a yes?

Kiera: Yup.

Adam: Give me until tomorrow and I'll have badges and passes and everything. Jordan's right, I can get you guys stuff faster. 

Kiera: Awesome! Thanks so much you guys, see you soon :)

"Well that's awfully nice of Adam to get us all the stuff," Mark says.

"Yeah. We should probably tell fans that we're going, get them all excited and tell them to get tickets and stuff," I mention, pulling up my webcam. Mark walks away and I do my think and then post the video. It renders and all that jazz and soon it's up. Views slowly climb then sky rocket and tons of comments come through. One kid asks a question that really gets me thinking:

Are you guys going to do a cosplay or something? I think that'd be really cool if you did.

Hmm, not a bad thought, but how does one even start to make one or get one. I've seen people make them, but that takes time and money and I for one am not patient enough to handmake a cosplay, nor talented enough in that art. I could buy one, but for who? I mean, I've seen some cheap ones out there so maybe. 

"Hey! Mark!" I shout and he pops out.

 "Yeah?"

"Have you ever cosplayed?"

"No, why ask?"

"Some people are asking if we're going to cosplay at Comic Con. I think we should, it'd be fun."

"But as who and how would we make the costumes. Neither of us are talented enough to make one either."

"Well, some are more simple than others. We could buy some too, if we really wanted. But who would we go as, that's a good start," I say and Mark sits down. We think in silence for a while until Mark perks up.

"We could go as horror characters that people can recognize."

"Like who? Slenderman and Jeff the Killer?"

"Maybe, but I'm thinking something for specific."

"Elaborate?"

"Like...the Grundge...but not that complicated. Like..."

"Freddy Fazbear?" I ask and Mark smirks.

"Perfect. But how?"

"SImple, get a suit, bowtie and top hat. Hold a microphone and have special effects makeup. We could also do characters like Octodad. That'd be fun."

"How many days is it?"

"Two, I'm pretty sure. We can do one day with horror and one day of comedy. But we wouldn't have to wear them all day."

"Okay, good, I don't think I could wear something all day. I'll look online at some inspiration photos."

"Cool, I'll do the same," I say and Mark goes to his room. I start looking at Tumblr and Pintrest for simple ways to cosplay. I even message a few experienced people and ask where they get their materials.  Some get back to me and I write down a list of things I need and shout to him.

"We're going to need to  go shopping! I got a list! C'mon, we're going on an adventure!"

"Okay!" he shouts as he walks out and we head out to get some stuff, on our own little adventure, if you want to call it that.