Breaking News

Chapter 3-

School's out and it''s finally summer. Thank goodness, school was becoming a bore. Kallie and I head back home and chuck our backpacks onto the couch and turn on the TV. I get some chips and soda and we kick back. Our friend, Noah is having a huge party, so we're going to relax until it's time to go. 

"What do you want to watch?" I ask.

"We could hook the computer up and watch YouTube."

"Good idea." I get the cables and hook her laptop up to the flat screen. We sit around, pigging out., watching comedy sketches, music videos, lyric videos and of course, Mark and Yami. We change it off when Charter gets home, since he's slightly to young to be completly exposed to this stuff. He takes over and we go into Kallie's room to resume our marathon. We watch Mark's entire Slender Haunt, Happy Wheels and Anna series until her dad comes and tells us we're leaving for our end of the school year dinner at Olive Garden. 

We pile into the car and head out. I start to think as we drive, I need to get leaving. I've over welcomed my stay here. I know that Kallie's my best friend, but we've got the entire summer AND next year to think about. Her parents will kick me out sooner or later and that will get awkward. So, after tonight, I'm going to head out. I text Kallie this, even though she's literally next to me, so she's prepared. 

Dinner goes nicely, as we talk and stuff our faces with breadsticks and chesse and salad. My pasta is huge, but Kallie helps me so we can share a dessert. We drive home, stuffed and bloated. We go to her room and chill for a while until I start putting some stuff away.

"Why do you have to go?"

"I've over welcomed my stay. This isn't some hotel and plus I don't pay rent. You guys have been nice enough to let me stay, but think about it. We have this entire summer plus next year. Your parents are going to kick me out sooner or later and then things will get awkward. I can just get an apartment and go to school. I can get a job at the mall or something."

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"If I need anything, I'll ring you. Promise."

"Okay. Are you going to stay the night though?"

"Yes. Then I'm gone tomorrow," I sigh, and we hug. 

"Party time?" she asks.

"Leggo." We leave the house and walk to Noah's house. He lives close and when we get there, not to many people are there. We say hi to Noah and grab a couple sodas and sit in two lawn chairs. Our friends Matthew, Nate and Richard all come and then Richard calls our other friends Duncan and his brothers, Brendan and Caleb. The triplets arrive and we chill. Kallie and I get lots of attention since we're some of the only girls at the entire party that are actually doing the stuff the boys are doing. There are some other girls, but they're all sitting in chairs, being lame and giving Kallie and I dirty looks of jealousy. I smirk and party.

After lots of play fights, fireworks and Pop-It wars (little things wrapped in paper that you throw on the ground that then pop, hence the name) Richard and Nate escort Kallie and I back to her house like true gentleman. We get inside and rush to Kallie's room and I finish packing. 

"I'll miss you."

"It's not like I'm moving. I'm just ditching this house. Tell your parents I thank them a hundred times over for being really nice and stuff. I owe them something big."

"I will," she smiles and hugs me. We change into our pajamas, crawl into her bed, and talk until we fall asleep.