Aaron- Goodnight Beautiful

Chapter 56- Aaron

Kiera picks The Host as our last movie to watch. The movie I will say, is very good. The story line is great and the selected actors are good character portrayers. I look over at Kiera who seems to be enjoying the movie a lot. When one of the characters, the main girl is almost killed by a few guys she tenses up and I smile to myself. I love how she gets so into movies. When the actors react to something, she reacts with them.

A few scenes later, one of the male guys kisses one of the girls and I hear Kiera whisper an, "Aww" to herself. I smile to myself again and she notices.

"What are you smiling about?" she asks me.

"Huh?" I ask, trying to cover it up.

"Don't try to hide that smile from me Aaron Ash," she teases. I sigh.

"I just think that his confession was...touching," I try. She smiles and laughs to herself for a moment. We go back to watching in silence. But in all honesty, I'm not watching this movie, I'm watching Kiera. There's something about her, something...intriguing...yeah, intriguing. I want to get to know her better, to be closer to her. We talk a lot, but it's only on Skype or through messaging. And with verbal interaction, it's only when we play games together, which isn't very often.

She's so fun to talk to, so fun to get to know, but at the same time, I barely know her. I want to get to know her more. But...part of me, doesn't want to be her friend anymore. Part of me wants to be...

More than a friend.

Keira notices me focusing on her more than the movie.

"What?" she asks.

"Hmm?"

"You're staring at me. Didn't your mother ever tell you it's rude to stare?" she teases.

"Yes, but not when you like that person. Wait..did I just say that aloud?" I question myself...shit.

"Huh?"

"As a friend," I quicklky respond. She looks at my expression and I start to get a bit red.

"Uh huh..." Kiera says, glaring.

"I mean, your very pretty and very sweet! Ugh, dammit..."

"What?" Kiera asks concerned. I bit my lip. How should I tell her that I like her? Just say it? But then I might make things awakward. I could...

I lean in to Kiera and press my lips to hers. She's stunned but eases into it quickly. I pull away after a few seconds and then sit back like normal.

"Umm, what just happened?" I hear Mark's voice from the hallway. I gulp and Kiera sucks in a breath. "I'm going to pretend I didn't see that," Mark says, walking back to his room. Kiera looks at me, confused.

"What?" I ask.

"Why did you..?"

"Because I hate you so damn much Kiera," I flirt. A flirty smile creeps up on her face and she kisses me again. This one, it's passionate, it's meaningful, it's..perfect. She pulls away and I put my arm around her and she lays her head on my shoulder. I pull her closer and she spreads a blanket over us. We cuddle until the movie ends and I assume she's going to go to bed and that I'm sleeping on the couch. But instead, she gets up and motions for me to get up. I do and she pulls the couch out into a bed. I nod in understandment and she motions more me to lie down. I do and she drapes a big blanket over me.

"Night, Aaron," she starts to walk off, but I stop her by grabbing her hand. "What?"

"Come on, don't sleep alone. It's your birthday," I smile. "Sorry, that probably sounded really weir.." she stops me mid-sentence with a kiss and she lies down next to me. I put to blanket over and she wiggles closer to me. I put my arm around her again and she looks up into my eyes. She leans in for another kiss and we kiss, over and over. She buries her face into my chest and I rub her back and kiss her forehead.

"Goodnight, beautiful," I whisper to her and she smiles.

"Goodnight, darlin'" She smiles.