I Hope To See You In The Next Video

Chapter 45-

I pull into my old homes driveway and park my car. My older neighboor waves at me and smiles. I wave and smile back and go up to the front door to my house. I knock and hope someone's home. After a long ten seconds, yes I counted, Henry opens the door.

"Kiera...?" He asks me, very confused.

"Hey little bro. Can I come in?"

"Umm, sure. Mom and Dad aren't home."

"So I figured. They let you stay home alone now?"

"Well, not for more than an hour and a half. I have to stay in the house and not let anyone in or anything else, but watch TV or play on the computer. But I figure it's okay to let you in, since you're my sister."

"Thanks," I smile and step in. It's just like it was over a year ago. I pick Henry up and swing him around in a huge bear hug.

"So, why did you come home?" Henry asks, confused. "Did you and Mark have a fight or somethin?"

"Oh! I just wanted to come for a surprise visit," I say, thinking quickly. I don't want him to worry about Mark and I. I decide I'll also just tell Mom and Dad that same story. I go to the kitchen and grab a Mountain Dew out and crack it open.

"Wanna play some games?" Henry offers.

"Is that even a question?!" I exclaim. "I'm a gamer, itsn't it obvious?" Henry and I get the laptop and settle onto the couch. We play Happy Wheels and some other funny games. I download Skate 3 and show him how to play it. We laugh at it for a long time. Our parents finally come home and I brace myself to see them for the first time in over one whole year. Mom steps in from the garage and greets Henry.

"Hello pumpkin," she smiles, looking up. Her face goes blank when she sees me.

"Kiera..." she says and I fear she's going to yell at me. But instead, she bursts into tears and launches herself at me and embarces me.

"Oh, um hey Mom."

"Kiera, darling...oh, I missed you so much!" she sobs. I awkwardly hug her. Dad steps in and joins us only five seconds later. They hug and kiss me and I just stand for a while, a little wierded out.

"So, why did you come home?" Mom asks.

"Oh, I wanted to surprise you guys. Well, more or less Henry," I lie. She smiles and looks at my little brother.

"Did he tell you that he's a baseball player?"

"Yeah, right after I graduated, I belive." We talk for a long time. We eat dinner together and have long conversations. It's one of the first times that I feel happy here in a long time. No yelling, no walking on egg shells and no drama. After dinner, I announce that I'm tired and I'm going to bed. My parents tell me goodnight and Henry hugs me. I go downstairs, taking the computer from before just for fun.

I decide to play some more Skate 3 then go and watch Jordan for a bit, then to Aaron, then Michelle and a few others. I finally end up on my channel, just cause. I scroll down only twice and see a newly posted video. It says it's from a few hours ago. But I don't have my computer and I was driving when it says it was posted. I read the title and examine the thumbnail. It's just Mark's face, like one of his Vlogs. The title reads: Kiera, I am so sorry. I click on it and turn the volume down a bit.

Mark sits on the screen and starts right away. He tells me everything he's been thinking about and how much he loves me but he wants to make sure it's real love. That he wants me to be happy and that if I really do like Aaron or if I was hiding that I did more than him, that he's sorry for keeping me from him. He rambles for several minutes and when's he done, he simply says:

"Kiera, I hope to see you in the next video."

The screen turns black and I let my mind process what just happened. My thoughts are all over and well, a mosh of what? So, Mark didn't want to break up, he just wanted me to be happy and to make sure he really does love me, for real. I get it but...did he have to tell me the way he did?

After a few seconds, I realize that I'm such a horrible person. Mark was telling me the best way possible, to my face with sincerity. I start to cry. I am such a jerk. He didn't want to hurt me. I turn the computer off, and run upstairs.

"I need to leave," I tell my parents. Henry's asleep, I assume.

"What?" my mom asks, confused. I explain that I lied and that I'm sorry and what really is happening and that I need to go and make things right. My mom smiles and hugs me.

"Go, Kiera. Set things right. And remember, I love you." I smile at her and run to my car, but it won't start. Shit, I need gas...

After asking my parents for money and food and stuff, so I make it through the night, I am finally off to Mark and Cincinatti.

Mark, you will see me in the next video.