The Bet

Chapter 12-

I grab a box of oats for oatmeal and throw it in the cart, then go to cross it off my list. Next is fruit snacks and juice pouches. I go to the lunch box like items and locate the ones we always have. I throw them in my cart and cross them off my list. My phone buzzes in the back of my pocket and I answer it.

"What?" I ask into it.

"On your way home can you pick up a pizza?" Mark asks.

"I have food in the cart...We can make Macaroni or something."

"Wade is coming over with Molly. That's not going to satisfy them."

"Fine, I might be a bit later than. When are they coming over?"

"At six, but we probably won't eat until like seven or seven thirty."

"Alright."

"Cool, see you then."

"Bye!" I say and hang up. I look at the time on the screen. Five nineteen. I got plenty of time. I continue on with my shopping and then get in line to pay. I look around and finally get to pay. I thank the cashier and then head to Little Cesear's to pick up a pizza. I call Mark to ask him what pizza he wants.

"Yello?" He picks up.

"Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage, Meat Lovers or what?"

"Pepperoni."

"Kay-kay!" I say and hang up. I approach the counter and order.

"One large Pepperoni pizza and crazy bread to go."

"Alright," the employee says. She walks to the back and starts getting the stuff. I wait patiently and look at my phone to pass the time. The worker comes back, I pay her, thank her and leave. I head home with the warm pizza, Crazy Bread and groceries. I get back to the house and have Mark help me bring some stuff in.

I set the pizza down and then start putting the groceries in their proper places. After, I go to my room for a minute to be on my computer. All of a sudden, there's a knock on my door. It clicks open and Mark walks in.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I need to head out to the liquor store." I look at the time on my computer screen.

"It's five thirty..."

"It'll be okay. If they get here and I'm not home just let them in. It's not like they've never met you." I nod. It's true, Wade, Molly and Bob have all been over plenty since I moved in. So it's not like I'll be a total stranger. It's just a little weird to me, since I'm this teenage girl who Mark pretty much saved from rape, then less than 24 hours later, invited to live with him...

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Anyway, I sit in my room, music blasting, playing Happy Wheels, because playing a game where you kill people is always a good time. The door bell rings suddenly, "Just a second!" I yell, hoping that Wade and Molly can hear me. I shut off my computer and go to open the door.

"Hey!" Wade says and Molly waves. They step in and sit on the couch.

"Where's Mark?" Wade asks.

"Down at the liquor store. Apperantly we were in need of alochol."

"Sounds good to me," Wade shrugs. We chat for a while, playing catch up until Mark gets home. He parks in the garage and lugs the booze in.

"Now it's a party!" he says, waving the wine and beer above is head. I shake my head, praying that nothing drops and smashes. Wade goes to help him, leaving Molly and I to sit and talk.