Wingwoman

Chapter 67-

Mark and I load the crowded airplane, a child already screaming for it's life. There's an elderly couple in front of me who smell like peppermint and cats. A family behind us is already settled, the mother reading the Sky Mall magazine and the father looking at his phone, like he's doing a business thing. They have a young teenage boy who looks vaguely pissed off, listening to music on an old iPod.

I sit down and look out the window as it's literally right next to me. I see people standing on the ground next to the plane. One is a women with short blackish hair who seems to be yelling at some young dude with short flippy sandy hair. Feel bad, he's probably new. Mark sits down and looks out the window too for a moment then turns his attention to the Sky Mall like the mother behind us. He flips through then shoves a page in my face.

"Smell," he commands as I've already inhaled a waft of disgusting cologne.

"If you buy that I'm going to strangle you," I threaten dryly. He laughs since he knows my sarcasm and then continues looking. He doesn't look up until we're moving and a flight attendant is up at the front doing that annoying thing with the buckles and crap. Mark adjusts himself awkwardly and I look up.

"You think she's hot," I say quickly and smirk.

"Wha....?"

"Don't play dumb," I laugh and he sighs and looks at his feet. "She's pretty."

"Ask her for her number. I dare you."

"You're a child."

"Well yes, I am legally considered a child, thanks for noticing," I laugh and he sighs heavily. She walks by and Mark opens his mouth as if to say something then shuts himself down.

"What was that? Is the great and fabulous Markiplier afraid to talk to pretty women?" I ask.

"Kinda....I guess....I'm not well socialized with girls right now, besides you and Molly and Minx. And anyway, Molly's obviously with Wade, Minx is well...Minx and you're...."

"Yeah, we already been there done that. We need to get you a girlfriend," I proclaim. "And lucky for you, I'm well experienced in this department."

"Yeah, because a cheater, me and what ever you did with Aaron is well experienced." I go red and bury my head.

"Shut up nothing happened between me and him and you know it."

"Then why are you getting all red?"

"Never mind that, when was the last time you were with someone?" I spit at him. He sits silently and we start moving. Some kids towards the back gasp and one kid screams. I lean my head back and look out the window and sit silently. Mark seems to be debating about my question.

I mean besides me, who was the last person he was with? And how long ago for that matter? You'd think he'd been with people left and right, but I was clearly mistaken. I start to feel bad when I look over to him to apologize.

"You. You were the last person I was with. And you've been the only person I've been with in years." he says and sighs.

"Sorry, I was rude about that. I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

"It's okay. Maybe it is time that I go look for someone. I have a lot under control now, so maybe now is a good time. Will you be my wing woman?"

"I'll be Barney Stinson, minus the womanizing..." I beam.