It's Worth A Shot

Chapter 5-

I set my laptop and speaker up and test to make sure everything is ready and working properly. Sure enough, everything is good. I take a deep breath. This is going to be my first YouTube video. I'm starting to doubt that anyone will ever watch this. But it doesn't hurt to try, I think and I shrug. I take one more deep breath and then press the record button.

"Hello. My name is Kiera and I'm here to ask you all a favor. At least, the few of you who do watch this. Because honestly, the odds of anyone watching this and actually caring is super low, which is kinda sad. Which means I'll be stuck here...Anyway! Sorry, I'm really nervous and when I get nervous, I ramble.  But anyway! I'm here, like I already said, to ask a favor. You see, my parents kicked me out of the house and since then I have lived at my best friends house and in the apartment I am currently sitting in. And honestly, I'm kind of sick of it here. I'm still in high school with only my senior year to go."

"All I'm really asking is for someone to help me out. Maybe you know someone who has a place for rent. Or maybe even you yourself! But anyway, if you really want to help me, message me and I'll respond as soon as I can," I end with a smile, wave goodbye and stop recording. I sigh and shrug, watching the playback. It's good enough, simple and short. Just a little ramble. I start to upload it and then sit back. Since I'm on here, might as well kill some time. I watch some Mark and since I have an account, comment on some videos about how funny he is. 

I make some Ramen and watch some Netflix before turning in for the night. I get under my covers and before falling asleep, dream about who could let me stay or rent. Maybe some cute boy with a guest house on a huge estate. Or maybe, a sweet family who would awkwardly adopt me. I smile at the warm thoughts and fall asleep.