This Can't Be Happening.

Chapter 43-

I sit in my room, like any other day. I watch some cat videos and some other videos of dogs. I personally love videos about cats discovering snow. It's freaking great.

Mark knocks on my door and steps in.

"Hey, can we talk?" he asks me, seriousness in his tone. I pause my video, and set my laptop away from me.

"What about?"

"Um...well....it's....ummm..."

"Forget how to speak English?" I tease, and stand up, going over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I lean in for a kiss, but he pulls back. My heart freezes and I look into his eyes.

"Kiera, I don't...ugh, this is hard to put into words..." Mark takes my hands off of him and sets them at my sides. He crosses my room and paces. I look at him, confused. He runs his fingers through his hair multiple times and then sits on my bed.

"I like you, Kiera. I like you a lot. You're one of my best friends and one of the best people I have ever met...but..."

"But what...?" I ask, tears forming and my chest tightening.

"I can't..." he starts, but I start to walk out.

"Kiera! Don't leave!" Mark shouts. I shake my head but go to my car and start off. Mark runs out after me, yelling my name, shouting at me to stop and to come back. I shake my head and drive off, all my stuff staying there. I drive for almost three hours around Cincinnati. I stop at the park where Mark offered me to come and live with him and go to the exact bench he found me on. I have no phone, no money and I can't go back there. For now at least. I can't call any of my friends, so I won't be able to know if they can have me over for a couple days. After an hour of debating, I get back into my car and set off to home. Not "home" with Mark. Home home, back where I came from.