Break Up

Chapter 33-

I drive to the park and park in the small parking lot. I walk through the gate and towards a bench. I look around for Connor and finally see him next to a pond. I make my way over to him and smile, going in for a hug.

"Um, Kiera.." he says, stepping back.

"What?" I ask really confused. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you for a long time. I went to a party and..."

"You didn't..." I cut him off, knowing what he's going to tell me.

"I'm sorry, I was messed up. I was on stuff and I was intoxicated. I didn't mean to, I didn't even plan on doing the drugs and drinking. I was at my cousins house and I met her. I was so messed up...Kiera I can't be with you anymore." I feel my heart sink into my stomach and I get light headed. I feel tears brim up and I shake my head.

"I'm so sorry Kiera. I wish I could take it all back, but I think I'd rather have you know then keep it a secret and have it tear me apart. I can't be with you, knowing what I did," Connor says, taking my hand and holding it. I pull it away and he tries to hug me but I stay idle. I pull back the tears and walk away. I keep shaking my head, my mind swarming with images and memories of us. Even as friends. I get into my car and just sit for a moment. I see Connor standing back inside the park, a guilty look on his along with a sorry look in his eyes. I know he really is sorry, but I don't want to deal with the fact that he did all that stuff. I slowly drive home, taking a long route so I can relax and try to get a composure so I don't just fall apart the minute I step into the house.

Finally after two hours of aimlessly driving, I pull into the driveway and drag myself into the house. Mark is on the couch and greets me. When I don't respond, he turns around, confused.

"Kiera...what happened? You look really upset." Mark asks, sounding extremely worried. I loose it and fall to the ground. I feel the ground shake and rattle, feeling a hand on my shoulder. Mark figured it out, which is no surprise, I don't get that sad about much. Mark holds me, and rocks back and forth, keeping me close to him. I lean my face into his chest and cry for a very long time. I can't keep any straight thoughts, only chunks of memories and images swarm my head. My head gets really light and my chest tightens. I stand up, pulling away from Mark and try to go to my room, but end up in the bathroom, vomiting hard.

My head is rattled and my body shakes. I taste vomit and tears in my mouth. I spit into the toilet and flush. I look to the door way and see Mark standing there, like always when I get sick.

"Mark..." I manage and start to cry again. I pull my knees in sob. Mark sits next to me and puts his arm around me. I lean my body against him and we just sit there for a while. I throw up more, and when I know I'm done, I try to get up, but my shaking body stops me. I sit back down and suddenly feel and arm go under my body and one under my knees and pick me up. Mark holds my against him and brings me to the couch. He sets me down and kneels in front of me. I look at him and smile.

"Thanks. Sometimes I think you and Henry might be the only boys in my life who are not jerks."

"Well, I'm glad you think that. You know, sometimes talking things out and letting the anger and pain you feel out makes it a bit better," Mark suggests. I nod and spill everything out. Mark listens, eventually sitting criss cross at my feet. When I'm done Mark nods, looking very upset, probably at Connor.

"First off, never go out with a guy who you know has drank or done drugs. Usually ends horribly. Next, I get, kind of, why he wanted to tell you the way he did, face to face, but I think starting out the way he did and by ignoring you was a really bad choice. Lastly, do you feel any better?"

"Yeah," I nod. "But still really shakey. And I feel cold."

"Makes sense," Mark nods and goes to grab a blanket from his room. He drapes it around me from behind and asks if it's okay and I nod. He sits next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. I lean onto him again and lay my head on his shoulder. He grabs the remote and flips on the TV. We skim for along time, trying to find something to watch, finding nothing.

"What about those movies Kallie got you for graduation? Anything from those that sound good?" Mark brings up.

"Ooh! Good idea!" I say, trying to get up, failing. Mark smirks and goes to my room and grabs them. Bringing them out, he sets Breaking Dawn on the table.

"Anything but that," he grimaces. I laugh and look at the movies in his hand. I select Zombieland and Mark puts it in, after grabbing a bowl of popcorn and the newest sleeve of Oreo's. We sit down to watch and eat, after closing the blinds to the larger window.

When the movie ends, we choose Ponyo to watch next. The popcorn is out, so Mark makes some more and we eat the entire next bag. I suggest instead of just popcorn and Oreo's, we order a pizza. We get a Toppers pizza with pineapple and tater tots. We spend the night eating the pizza and snacks from out kitchen. When the the last movie is over, I stretch and yawn. I stand up, finally able to now, and walk to my room, and lay down on my bed and fall asleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night, not to Mark screaming, but to myself screaming. Mark slams open my bedroom door.

"Kiera! What happened?!"

"I had a....it...." I start to cry again for the hundreth time today. I stand up and run into Mark's arms. He hugs me tight and picks me up and carries me to his room. I sit on his bed and tell him the dream. It was of Connor and I, we were walking in the park and he stops to talk to me. He tells me what he did the night he cheated and graphically tells it all. Then he proceeds to insult me and then starts to beat me up, yelling horrible things at me. A black hole opens up, a firey pit of death. That's when I woke up. Mark and I sit in his dimly lite room as I cry. He hugs me yet again, comforting me. Silently we sit, not a think said, just silent comforting.

I yawn after a long time, and look at Mark. He looks at me, very concerned as I would expect him to be.

"Mark, I don't think I can sleep alone. I'm so.."

"You can stay with me for the night. I don't want you to be alone right now," Mark sighs. I thank him, yawning again and crawl under Mark's very thick and warm blanet. I lay my head on one of the multiple pillows and close my eyes. Mark lays down behind me and puts his arm around me. He pulls me closer to him and I for the first time in a while, feel like someone really cares...