One Week and Nothing...

Chapter 69-

It's been a week and Mark is going nuts without a call from Charlotte. He called her and left a message but she hasn't gotten back. Currently, he sits at his computer and mindlessly plays Minecraft. I knock on the door frame.

"Want to go to the bar tonight?"

"Can you assure that I'll see her?"

"No, but it can't hurt to try. Maybe it wasn't meant to be."

"But I want it to be."

"Same buddy but we've got to get out. I don't think you've left the house since that night."

"I have. I went to get pizza and groceries."

"I meant for productive things."

"Oh...yeah no."

"I highly suggest we go. I've got a gut feeling," I pause. "How about this, I'll set out clothes for you and everything. You just need to show up?"

"Okay. I really want to see Charlotte," he says and I see a faint smile and glimmer in his eye light up. The guy talked to the girl for barely thirty minutes and he's head over heels for her. 

As Mark continues to play his game, I go to his closet and start to look. I decide that today is the day for his lucky flannel. I pull it out and some nice jeans and a plain black shirt. Simple yet totally Mark attire. He'll be happy it isn't super nice or something. 

"When you're ready, shower, get dressed and let me know. I'm gonna go to my room."

"Okay."

I leave his room and go to mine. I go through my drawers and try to find something that doesn't make me look like I rolled out of bed. The people of the world don't need to know that's usually what I do. 

I grab Hogwarts alumni tank top from Walmart and a thin black sweatshirt and put it on. I debate between leggings and jeans. I hear the water start to run in the bathroom and I take a sigh of relief knowning Mark's up and running. I decide on jeans. Woo, living it up for my boy Mark. 

I'm just finishing straightening my hair when Mark knocks on my door. "I'm ready."

"Almost done with my hair and we can go."

"Okay, meet me in the car." 

I finish up and join him. Off we go. Mark runs some channel ideas by me and I help him brainstorm how to expand them. He mentions talking to some Irish guy online.

"Nice, making friends I see?"

"Yes, he's cool. We've been thinking about doing a collab sometime and I was thinking doing a G-Mod sandbox video with him."

"Nice idea. What's his name?"

"Jack." 

"He cute?"

"How the hell would I know? I don't swing that way."

"Let me see a picture. Where's your phone?"

"In my pocket. By my crotch."

"Could you have made that any more unnecessairly sexual god damn," I laugh. 

"Well it is I don't know asdfghjkl!"

I laugh at Mark's inability to function and speak English just as we pull into the parking lot. Mark rushes me to get inside and find a booth. 

"I want pretzels."

"And I want Charlotte, so we'll just have to wait to see how the night goes hm?"

"Damn okay man," I pout and order a soda to start. Mark gets a hard cider and waits. Some girl eyes him from the bar and he scoots closer to me and starts to talk to me.

"I don't want to look at anyone in case Charlotte comes."

"You do realize that if she's not around here or you don't see her you'll have to move on and keep looking?"

"But it isn't time for that yet."

I wonder to myself when that time will come, if it does. We sit for a while, talking and drinking. I convince him to get pretzels and beer cheese sauce so I'm quite content with that. I point some girls out to Mark and he nods his head but doesn't do anything. It nears midnight and Mark is defeated.

"Let's go home, it's late," I coax.

"But what if she comes while we're gone?"

"The bar closes in the hour, anyone who comes to a bar this late is either a drunkard or a prostitute. No offense but it's true. C'mon we need to go home."

Mark sighs sadly but follows me out. We climb into the car and Mark hangs his head as we back out. I sigh.

"Mark, please don't get hung up on one girl. You didn't get hung up on me, so why is this girl so special?"

He doesn't respond for several second.

"She's the first girl I've had any real interest in since you and I don't want that to fall through. She was so relaxed and kind and she reminded me of you but she was her own person and I want that in someone...And she has a cat," he laughs.

"This is true, but there are other girls like that out there. This is LA, there's lots of people around here, you'll find someone."

He nods. We drive quietly the rest of the way. I can tell Mark's thinking, about what, I couldn't tell ya, but probably about Charlotte. 

We get home and I lay in bed and something strikes me. Could Mark still have feelings for me? I mean he mentioned like twice at least today that he wants a girl like me. Could he just be saying that to try to trick himself into letting go of me? Oh god, I hope this isn't the case...