Chapter 1

So I have this story on youtube! And some of you were asking me to post it over here! So I decided to do a little editing, combine some chapters together, and make them longer to post on here (youtube only lets you type so much) I am not done with this story (I am still writing it on youtube) but it will be put up slowly! Please tell me what you think! If people aren't interested I won't bother posting it! This chapter is dedicated to @girlygirlbritt2004 xx

--

I slid the key into my lock for the last time. "No turning back now," I heard my brother Jordan behind me say. I sighed and turned around to see him leaning against the wall with one of my last boxes in his hands. I just rolled my eyes and walked past. He had been begging me for years to move from home and come to New York to live and I finally decided to do it.

We walked down the stairs and I dropped my keys off to my landlord. Jordan slid the last box inside the uhaul and shut the door. I slid into my car and pulled out behind him. I wasn't moving far. From New Jersey to New York, it wasn't that far, but it was still going to be different.

I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself, huh? My name is Amanda. Some people call me Mandy. I'm 26 years young and I love to have a good time. I'm constantly partying and drinking any chance I get. Maybe that's why my brother was moving me in with him, but he honestly has no room to talk seeing as he owns a bar.

My parents really didn't care what I did. I was what you called an "oops." Basically my parents decided they wanted to stop at one child. My brother had started his own life then BAM, along came me. There is a 16 year age difference between us but that didn't stop us from picking on each other and getting on each other's nerves.

This was going to be a long trip I could already feel it. I powered up my ipod and put The Black Angels on. Listening to my music kept me distracted for a little while until someone interrupted it by calling me. I looked down to see it was Chase calling me.

I hit the accept button. "Hello?" I said. "Hey babe," I heard Chase say on the other end. I felt a smile creep across my face. "Hey there," I said. It was silent between us for a second. "I have a surprise for you," he said. I chuckled lightly. "And what would that be?" I asked. This time Chase chuckled. "You'll have to see," he said and then he hung up.

I sighed and hit the play button again and let the music fill my speakers again. If you were wondering, Chase is my boyfriend. We've been dating for three years. He was crushed when I told him I was moving, but it was only a few hours away so I didn't see it as that big of a deal.

Soon we were headed over the bridge and I was automatically greeted by New York traffic. "Damn," I cursed under my breath. It took at least another hour to get through the traffic and soon we had arrived to my brother's apartment. We unpacked all the necessary boxes for the night and I flopped on his couch. I felt the couch shift as he sat down beside me.

"Are you sure about this, bro? I don't want to get in your way," I said. He shook his head. "You won't be in the way. There's a job at my bar if you want it," he said. I smiled. "Awesome." "Speaking of, we need to get ready to head down there. We open at six," I nodded and went to the bathroom to get ready. Before I knew it we were headed to the bar.

"That's weird," Jordan said when he noticed the door unlocked to the bar. He went in before me. I flipped on the lights and practically jumped when I saw Chase standing in the middle of the room. "Damn it, you scared us," I said while walking up to him and putting my arms around me.

He chuckled and kissed me lightly. "Sorry," he said. Soon Jordan had opened the bar and surprisingly I caught on pretty fast. I was mixing drinks and mingling with everyone around me. Chase left because he had to go to work in the morning. Jordan let me take a break so I took a seat on one of the barstools. Right as I was about to get comfortable my phone rang.