Chapter 7

Glad to know you guys are enjoying this story!!! Thanks so much for all the comments!!! Here's the next chapter!! Xx

--

There was an us? There was an US?! Why was I having such a hard time processing this?! This definitely wasn't like me. I sighed as I watched Norman walk towards the kitchen. I ran a hand through my hair and slowly followed behind.

I couldn't bring myself to sit at the table with them. I leaned against the doorway with my arms folded across my chest. I was so confused. Yet I still heard: There was an us. There was an us. There was an us, chanting through my head. I shook it trying to get it out.

"You okay?" I looked up to see Mingus staring at me with a confused look on my face. Then I looked up at Norman and he had the same exact look. It was crazy at how much they looked alike and I couldn't help but smile at the two of them. The confused looks were adorable.

Norman slowly smiled a little. "Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked him. He stopped placing food on the table and looked over at Mingus. "Do not eat any of this," Norman told him jokingly causing Mingus to roll his eyes. Norman walked up to me as I turned around.

I walked down the hallway to my bedroom and I felt Norman's hand on the small of my back the whole way there. When we reached my bedroom I walked in and closed the door behind Norman and I. He leaned against the wall by my door as I went and sat on the edge of my bed.

"You're not okay. Something's wrong," Norman said. I ran a hand over my face and sighed into my hand. "Not really," I whispered. I looked up and I was met by Norman's blue eyes. I smiled slightly enjoying his soft blue eyes now. He crossed his arms and looked at me intently.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I sighed. "What are we doing?" I asked him while swinging my legs back and forth slightly. I kept my eyes connected with his as they filled with confusion. "You mean with us?" he asked back. There is was again. "Us."

I stayed perfectly still for a second before nodding my head and breaking my gaze from his. I was suddenly uncomfortable looking at him. I heard his feet shuffle against the floor and suddenly he was crouched down in front of me with his hands resting on my knees.

"Have my feelings for you not been clear?" he asked me softly while rubbing his thumb over one of my knees. My jean covered skin felt like it was on fire. I felt my cheeks burn as well as I turned to look at him again. He blue eyes were now sparkling as they watched me.

I bit my lip nervously not sure what to say, but I didn't have to say anything. He leaned up and his lips pressed lightly to mine. He removed one of his hands from my knee and it made its way into my hair as he tugged me closer to him causing me to smiled into the kiss.

He pulled back and rested his forehead against mine. "I like you. Accept it," he said. I giggled at his choice of words. I definitely don't think any guy had ever said that to me. I giggled again as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. He pulled me up gently off the bed and grabbed my hand. "Let's go before Mingus eats everything in sight."

~~

We were now finishing up dinner and Mingus and I were having a staring contest. He swore up and down that he could beat me but I was determined to prove him wrong. "Mingus, I need to talk to you," Norman said. Mingus blinked and looked at his dad.

"HA! I win!" I said while slapping the table and sticking my tongue out at him. "No fair! You cheated!" he said. I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "Mingus," he turned his attention back to his dad. "What?" Mingus questioned him. I knew what Norman was about to tell him.

"About Mandy and I," he started. Mingus suddenly smiled. "I know dad. It's obvious. By the way, if you want to kiss her without me knowing you should be more discreet about it," he said teasing. I felt my face heat up as Norman smacked him on the back of the head.