Chapter 12: Thoughts on the Mountain

Bpov

More days went by and yet we had still found noting. Yesterday we had moved to another location. The mountains.

And as for Hermione, she was as distant as ever and it was all because of Ron leaving.

Anyway it was 10:00pm and we were all sitting in the main room like any other day except that none of us were talking to one another and there was a thin layer of tension in the air. Harry was staring at wall, Hermione was picking at the fluff on her clothes and I was reading Wuthering heights (my favourite book) and thinking about Edward.

Then as the radio started playing music, Harry walked over to where Hermione was sitting and gently pulled her up by the arm.

She stood up beside him. They clumsily danced to the music. I watched them carefully. Not making a noise, just enjoying the moment.

'Hearts O children pass me that lovely little gun My dear, my darting one The cleaners are coming, one by one You don't even want to let them start They are knocking now upon your door They measure the room, they know the score They're mopping up the butcher's floor Of your broken little'

By this point Hermione regained her smile and was dancing and spinning round the room with my brother as he laughed with her.

'Forgive us now for what we've done It started out as a bit of fun Here, take these before we run away The keys to the gulag O children Lift up your voice, lift up your voice Children Rejoice, rejoice Here comes Frank and poor old Jim They're gathering round with all my friends We're older now, the light is dim And you are only just beginning O children We have the answer to all your fears It's short, it's simple, it's crystal dear It's round about, it's somewhere here Lost amongst our winnings O children Lift up your voice, lift up your voice Children Rejoice, rejoice The cleaners have done their job on you. They're hip to it, man, they're in the groove They've hosed you down, you're good as new They're lining up to inspect you O children Poor old Jim's white as a ghost He's found the answer that was lost We're all weeping now, weeping because There ain't nothing we can do to protect you O children Lift up your voice, lift up your voice Children Rejoice, rejoice Hey little train! We are all jumping on The train that goes to the Kingdom We're happy, Ma, we're having fun And the train ain't even left the station Hey, little train! Wait for me! I once was blind but now I see Have you left a seat for me? Is that such a stretch of the imagination? Hey little train! Wait for me! I was held in chains but now I'm free I'm hanging in there, don't you see In this process of elimination Hey little train! We are all jumping on The train that goes to the Kingdom We're happy, Ma, we're having fun It's beyond my wildest expectation Hey little train! We are all jumping on the train that goes to the Kingdom We're happy, Ma, we're having fun And the train ain't even left the station.'

The song finished and the smile slowly faded of her face and she went to go sit back down as I looked awkwardly at the both of them.

"Awkward" I squelched turning my attention back to my book.

I leaned back into my bed as the silence filled the air.

That's how the rest of a night went until we all decided it was time for us to go to bed as we probably had a busy schedule tomorrow. Well.... Just like any other day then.

The sun shined brightly through the tent as it warmed me up in the early morning. I stretched. Looking around I saw that no one else was around. I got up and yawned, grouchily. I was so not a morning person. I went into my bag to fetch some fresh clothes (well, they weren't really fresh) and got changed.

I wandered off into one of the smaller rooms in the tent and saw Harry lying on a bed looking at his golden snitch.

"Hey" I said waving to him, "Mind if I sit?"

"Nah, come sit" He said scotching over to give me some more space.

"So.... You figured anything out yet?" I asked him as I sat.

He shook his head "I just don't get it, I mean Hermione said that snitches have memory and they will open from a wizards touch because they caught it like that..." He slowed down at the end.

And that's when it clicked. Harry never caught the snitch with his hands. He caught with his mouth when he fell off his broom. I looked at Harry and Harry looked at me.

Then at the exact moment we jumped off the bed and headed outside to where Hermione was. She was sitting on the rocks, not far from the tent, reading the story book that she had gotten from Dumbledore. Yet she looked puzzled. I carefully made my way over to her, making sure that I didn't trip over the rocks... or my feet.

"Hey what's up?" I asked sitting down on the rocks beside her.

"Ugh. Nothing much. But I did find something." She yawned.

"Really us too." I looked over at Harry, "Do you want to tell her or should I?"

"I will. Hermione don't you remember, the day of the first Quidditch match when I caught the snitch I didn't catch it with my hands, I almost swallowed it." He said

"Oh god. Your right. Have you tried it yet?" She asked curiously. A small smile forming on her lips.

Harry shook his head.

"Not yet" He told her.

"Well go on then" Hermione encouraged him, gesturing towards the snitch he was holding tightly in his hand.

Slowly he moved the snitch up to his mouth and touched it lightly with his tongue before he moved it away. We waited. I looked over at Harry whose eyes had widened.

"What does it say?" I asked him running over to where he was standing and I peered over his shoulder so that I could see it. I open at the close. The snitch read.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked nobody I particular.

"What does is say?" Hermione said scootching over slightly.

"I open at the close" I told her looking her in the eye.

"Any way, what did you find?" I said breaking the silence.

"Look at this" She opened her book and turning to the front page. She pointed to a triangular drawing with a circle in the inside.

"At first I thought that it was part of the book" Hermione went on, "But then I realised that it wasn't as it is inked in"

She pointed back to the picture and saw what she meant. The picture was definitely inked in as you could see the ink marks surrounding the picture.

"Your right" Harry told her looking over her shoulder.

"Wait a second, that symbol looks familiar..." I trailed off as I tried to remember where I had seen it before.

I thought back. The Ministry, Sirius's house, The Burrow, the wedding, the... wait the wedding!

Luna. Luna's dad... Xenophilius Lovegood! He was wearing it around his neck at the wedding. But what did it mean? I looked over at Harry hoping that he had any idea but he just looked at me with the same confused impression.

"Will one of you two tell me what you're thinking about, I don't share your twin talk." Desperation in her tone.

"Well we were just thinking that we saw that symbol on a necklace that Lunas dad was wearing at the wedding"

"Oh, I wonder what it means" she asked herself.

"Oh and Hermione" Harry said to her, "Me and Bella, we want to go to Godrics Hollow"

She sighed "But Harry, it's too dangerous. He'll be excepting you to go there as he knows that it's important to you" She replied.

"But it's important to him too, it's where he tried to kill us" Harry stated. Trying to convince her.

"It's where he almost died" I finished for him.

Hermione took a long, deep breath and looked as though she was in a deep thought.

"Fine we can go. I knew you would want to go there anyway. Even if you didn't we would still end up going as I was thinking of it anyway" She said with a sad smile.

I smiled. Finally we could go back to the place where it all started. And the one thing that I had wanted to do for ages was starting tomorrow. I was going home.