Chapter 88: Loss

Bpov

(4 years later)

"Hey Rose, do you think I could pull this off?" Alice asked, holding the magazine up against her, the image of the purple, cocktail dress facing Rosalie.

She looked at it and tilted her head for a moment as she thought, "Uhh. I don't know. Maybe. But is purple really your colour?" Alice shrugged in response then shifted her eyes back to the magazine she was reading.

As I listened to the two girls talk I rested my head on Edwards's neck; he was twirling a strand of my hair on his finger and my legs hoisted on his. Beside me was Renesmee, today was one of those days she spent with us and not alone with Jacob which I was thankful for, I didn't like to think what the two of them got up to... ugh.

Anyway, the other Cullen's sat around the room as well.

The room was mainly silent. Besides Ally's and Rose's occasional spoken words. Though being Vampires and all we were easily entertained.

A few minutes later there was a familiar sound in the background, gradually becoming louder and louder.

"Bella is that your owl?" Emmett asked. Almost breaking out from his trans of silence.

Okay, so when he says owl he doesn't mean Pebbles and heck he doesn't even mean Titch (my second owl). He means my third owl Oswald.

Sadly my beloved Pebbles died when I turned (well should have turned) 25 and I was devastated to say the least; I even referred to only using public owls for so long because I missed Pebbles too much and I didn't want to replace her. I did though when I (was supposed to) turned 35, Titch. After he left I got another Owl at 48 and have had her ever since.

I was just grateful that she had made it this far.

I turned my head towards the open window where a second later the familiar dusty brown owl flew in. Aging with time Oswald was kind of slowing down at sending messages, I didn't mind however. I just used her less.

The letter from between her two claws dropped on my lap as she swiftly turned back around and perched herself of the window to regain breath and energy.

But before I had the chance to open the letter myself it opened myself, forming a mouth of its own and hovering in the air.

It was a howler.

"Dear Mrs Bella Potter (though officially a Cullen now, the Wizarding world still officiated myself as a Potter which I was fine with) I really regret to inform you that at 2:35pm this afternoon your brother Mr Harry Potter sadly died in his sleep-" Whatever the rest of the howler said I didn't pay attention too.

At that moment my heart dropped to my stomach and a wave of depressing emotions ran through me.

Through my frozen state I saw the other Cullen's members staring at me with wide, sorrowful eyes and I even head a few of them talking to me.

"Bella- honey I'm so sorry." Esme whispered, unfallen tears forming in her eyes and mouth umped to her mouth.

My husband and my daughter from both sides of me stared at me. I could feel their eyes burning into my head.

But I didn't pay attention to them, to any of them. Only to what had just happened.

'Your brother Harry Potter died.' Though the words were sorrowful and regretful (they would be considering this was saviour Potter they were talking about) but it didn't ease the pain.

I felt the venom go to my eyes; tears forming in them however they would not fall. It just made me more frustrated. I wanted to cry, I wanted scream. I wanted to mourn the loss of my brother.