Chapter 65: Run in with the Nomands

Jpov

Bella stood by herself in the centre of the room. All doors around her were closed shut and neither me nor Alice was around.

"H-hello?" Bella stuttered into the phone; her voice was quiet so that we (our past selves) could not hear her.

"Hello Miss Potter." James Snarled from the other side of the line. Wait, how did he know who she really was?

"How did James know who you really were?" Carlisle asked her before I had the chance.

"Nomad vampires like James, are likely to have come across Wizards on their time on earth. And if he had known about Wizards, then he would know about me and Harry. Plus Witches and Wizards have a certain scent on them." Bella explained.

"What sort of scent?" I asked her.

She turned to face me.

"It's um... like honey mixed with a flower; the flower depending on the person."

"Is yours Freesia then?" Edward asked lovingly.

Bella nodded, "I think so but I'm not entirely sure, I can't really smell myself.

"Trust me it is." Alice smirked.

"What do you want James." She muttered under her breath. Her voice more uncaring than nervous.

"Wait, did you know that he knew? Beforehand that is." Esme questioned her.

"I had my suspicions so I wasn't 100% surprised when he said it."

"I need you to come to the ballet studio down in Phoenix."

"And why would I do that?" She answered back with sarcasm in her voice.

"Well you wouldn't want me to tell your big secret to your new family would you? Nor would you like me to track down Renee and her family."
Bella glared and straightened up; her voice getting louder, "Don't you dare touch her." She growled.

"Well I don't want to hurt her either so were on the same page. So what you're going to do is stage a little show. In a few moments, you are going to walk out of this room and tell them it was 'your mother' on the phone. Then Alice is going to have a vision of the ballet studio, 27 Vardew road in Phoenix; you are to tell her you had ballet lessons there as a child. When you have the chance you are going to come here. Understood?"

Bella nodded meekly though she knew James could not see, "Yes" She muttered.

Then the line went dead and Bella put the phone down. Taking a minute to compose herself and then making her way towards the bedroom door.

"Who was that?" Memory Alice asked as she walked back through the door.

"Just my mother. Asking me where I was and what not. She was a little panicky but I managed to calm her down" She nervously smiled once she finished talking, but neither one of us noticed.

Then, just as it had done in real time, Alice's eyes went distant as she was pulled into her vision.

"What's that?" Bella shrugged once Alice had finished sketching. The once plain piece of paper was now covered I sketchy chalk marks.

"I don't know"

Bella stepped closer and pretended to inspect it, "It looks a lot like my old ballet studio."

"Wait." I said, "You know this place."

"Yeah" Bella nodded, "I use to take ballet there as a kid." She lied.

No more had to be said as then, the scenery faded and returned us to the ballet studio in its finer glory.

"James!" Bella called as she turned the corner, "Where are you?" Her voice echoed off the empty walls. The many mirrors glistening back her reflection.