Chapter 18: Dobby's grave

Bpov

The blood drained from my face as the knife came closer, and closer to us. The knife which was just inches away from my face, was heading straight to us.

But just as the knife was about to hit us. We flashed out.

It all went in slow motion from that point.

Flashing through the sky, harshly landing on the ground, looking around to see that were on a beach, checking that everyone is okay and then seeing Dobby. Blood stained on his vest.

"D-Dobby" I stuttered when I saw him, "Wh-what happened?"

He then took his hand from behind his back to show a small, glistening pocket knife covered in his blood.

"No!" I yelped as Harry ran over to him as he was just about to fall.

"No" I whimpered again as tears started falling down my face.

"Dobby" Harry whispered sadly, "Your going to be okay, yeah your gonna be alright" He said but it sounded more like he was trying to reinsure himself rather than Dobby.

I looked up at Hermione hoping that she would have something in her bag, something to save him, but she just looked back at me with sad eyes filled with unfallen tears and fell deeper into Ron's side.

And that meant no.

"Are you o-okay?" I whispered, my voice croaking as I spoke.

Dobby took a large and long breath.

"Dying with friends is the most peaceful and best way" He whispered so low that I could barley hear him.

"No, no. Don't say that Dobby" I cried

"But it is true mistress Bella. Dobby is dying"

I wiped away a tear as I look up at Harry, who also had tears streaming down his face.

"Don't cry. Dobby had lots of fun with Mistress Bella, Master Harry and their friends. You're the best." He said again and then his eyes slowly shut close. And this time they didn't re-open.

"Dobby" me and Harry whispered one final time.

Then, there was silence.

"We should bury him" Harry said, tears in his eyes, "The proper way. With no magic."

After we grabbed some shovels we started to dig a hole. A hole the size of a small elf's body.

"We'll leave you guys to it" Hermione whispered to us.

And with that they walked over to the small, crooked house in the middle of the beach.

"I can't believe he's gone" I whispered as another tear ran down my cheek.

"I know" He whispered said using his free hand to stroke Dobby's cold, green cheek.

"Well, there's no time like the present" I huffed getting up unsteadily from my position on the floor.

I ducked down to take the lifeless Dobby from Harry's arms so he was able to get up.

Then, I got down onto my knees and hovered dobby above the hole that we had made. Yet I couldn't bare to do it. I look over at Harry for some help an he scooted over. He put his hands under mine and together, we slowly lowered Dobby down.

Just as we were about to place Dobby into the grave I got a idea.

"Wait. I- I just want to-." I stuttered unable to get my words out.

I threw off my shoes and pulled off my socks (leaving me bare footed) and placed them softly onto his small little feet.

Harry smiled at me and then finally we put him to rest.

Once we had done I we walked over to where the shovels were and started digging up more ground to cover him up with. After what seemed like a few minutes we had all the sand that we needed.

"Done" I huffed a few minutes later as I patted the ground with the back of my shovel to level it out.

"Not yet were not" He said softly. He grabbed two rocks, a big, round rock and then a smaller, pointier rock and began carving words ito them.

R.I.P

Here lies Dobby

A great friend and a free Elf.

27th June 1995- 22nd March 2012

"That's really nice" I whispered to him giving him a soft smile.

He smiled back and got up from the ground.

"Come on, we better get going or everyone is gonna wonder where we are." He said and together we walked toward the small beach house.

As we walked over I thought back to today's events. Just thinking about it brought back tears to my eyes. I couldn't wait for this day to finish so we then could start off a brand new day tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow would be different. Different and better and most importantly, Happier.