Chapter 8

Comment and vote Ignore mistakes

The next morning....

I woke up to hear the front door opening and closing, they were home. "Justice" I shook him. "Emily" I heard footsteps making their way up the stairs and Justice quickly stood up and ran towards the balcony door. I grabbed his arm and pushed him towards the bathroom and closed the door behind him, right when my bedroom door opened.

"Hey" I smiled and my brother looked at me uneasy. "You okay?" I nodded. "Mom just wanted me to tell you we're back" I nodded again and he closed the door behind him.

I locked the door and Justice walked out of the bathroom slowly. "That was close" I nodded and he smiled. "I should get going" he grabbed his shoes and sat down on the bed, putting them on. "I'll see you at school tomorrow" he smiled and walked towards the balcony door.

"Wait" he turned around and I walked up to him. I put my hands on his shoulder and he looked me directly in my eyes and smiled. He lightly put his fingertips on my jaw and brought our lips together. He pulled back seconds later after he heard footsteps coming up the stairs again. "I'll see you tomorrow" he smiled and climbed over the balcony and jumped to the ground. I walked onto the balcony and watched him run across the yard and into the street.

What have I gotten myself into.

The next day at school

I kept my mouth closed all day around my friends. They couldn't know what happened, no one could. We were currently in the cafeteria eating lunch, when his group walked past us, walking towards the trash. He bit his lip and smiled lightly, but didn't look at me, which I was fine with, I didn't want anyone to ask questions.

I went to math and after math, I had free hour, where we could take a break and study or do homework.

"Hey beautiful" Justice smiled and laid beside me on the floor, while I was working on my homework. "Hi"

"You're watching detention today right?" I nodded and looked towards him. "Great cause I'm gonna take you out for lunch after" I smiled but shook my head. "We just ate lunch" he laughed. "Then second lunch" I laughed and he grabbed my hand. "What are you doing?" He shrugged, "no ones in the hallway" I pulled away. "I have to finish my homework" he frowned. "You're no fun"

I stayed silent for a second, but decided to say what was on my mind. "There's no point in taking me out to lunch" there was no way Justice and I could have a relationship. "Am I just supposed to stay away from you then?" I shook my head. "I didn't say that" he smiled. "So you're up for lunch?" I nodded and the bell rang, time for detention.

I walked to my locker and put my things in my back pack and walked to the cafeteria. I sat down in the front so I could watch everyone, which I don't see why a teacher couldn't do this, since I'm not trying to get inbetween drama.

I watched Justice walk in, and looked around until he found me. He walked towards me, keeping his face straight. "Have you told April what happened with Tyler?" I shook my head and got chills at the sound of his name. "I think I scared him enough to make him not come to school today" I nodded and stayed silent.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought it up" I shook my head. "Its okay" he smiled and put his hand on the bottom of my back, under my shirt. "What's your excuse for going with me after school?" I shrugged. "I haven't told my mom yet" I pulled out my phone, I guess I should tell her.

I'm going to hang out with a few friends for a little bit, is that okay?

I already knew she would say yes, she trusts me.

"Where are we going?" He smiled. "You'll see" I locked my phone. I didn't know how I felt about any of this. "What's wrong?" He pulled his hand away.

"I don't think any of this is okay. I'm supposed to hate you, like I did before. I don't know what's gonna happen. And I'm scared you're just gonna end up using me" I whispered the last part. "I'm not gonna hurt you, it's not like I'm asking you to hang out with me so I can have sex with you, it's just lunch." I sighed. I guess it wouldn't be so harmful to hang out with him.

But I was just scared I would start growing feelings for him.

After 30 minutes, detention ended and we got up to leave. I walked out with Justice, quickly before anyone could see us. "You still don't trust me after the past few days?" He asked me and I shrugged. "I trust you to protect me, but I don't know if I trust you completely" "how can I get you to trust me?" I shrugged. "Give it time I guess, I'm just scared of getting hurt" he stopped walking so I did too. "I'm not going to hurt you, but I'll do whatever it take to get you to trust me" he smirked. We walked to a small place, like a little old fashion restaurant.

After a while I had to go home, and he called me a cab. "Thanks for second lunch" I laughed. "No problem, text me later" he smiled and I nodded and got into the taxi and waved him goodbye.

I have SOOOOO much planned for this book omg. I know its not very exciting now but I PROMISE its coming ;)