Chapter 51

Take a second and click the star please❤️ can we get this to 7 comments? We'll be at 440 comments❤️

The nurse took her blood, and walked out of the room. Emily moved over and I sat in front of her on the bed. She put her hands on my jaw, and she looked at my sore jaw. Her first finger slightly glazed it, making me hiss and pull away. "Sorry" she apologized, and continued to look at it, her eyes focused. She looked at Joseph, she looked a little mad and upset with him. "I'm sorry for hitting you" Joseph finally apologized, "it's okay" I didn't want to fight with him, I wanted to be okay with him, with all her family. I wanted to be on his good side, for the long future I plan to have with Emily.

The nurse came back in, "we have your blood getting tested, but I just wanted to ask more questions and tell you what we want you to do" she sat down on her stool, and looked to the family. "We think its best to have Emily stay in the hospital for a few days. It's only been twenty four hours and she's already back. And we also want to just keep up on the chemotherapy. We want to see how well it works, if it works well enough in this short time, we can get a little peek if we think you need surgery." She looked at Emily, who grabbed my hand, and frowned up at me.

"Emily when was the last time you drank water?" "Um, I guess yesterday, early yesterday" the nurse nodded, "I should have made this clearer. Sick or not, you need to drink water. A lot of it, you being dehydrated most likely had something to do with you passing out" Emily nodded, she looked upset with herself. "I'll be back when the blood test results are final" she walked out again. "Emily I think its better for you to stay home for a little while, we need to keep an eye on you" Ms.Davis said.

"Mom you can't keep me from seeing Justice" Ms.Davis shook her head. "I'm not saying that's sweetie, but you're staying home, you don't have a choice" I looked at Emily, who was squeezing my hand. "I just got out of the hospital. I don't want to be locked in my house, I want to be able to do stuff. Everyone's moving on with out me" she frowned, "everyone's getting their license, while I'm not even a loud to drive. And now you want to lock me in the house and keep me from being around people outside?" Her voice raised. "We'll talk about this later" I squeezed Emily's hand, "mom you can't do this! I already have to leave school. I finally actually got to see April, and got to finally sleep in the same bed with Justice like everything was back to normal" her voice was louder, loud enough to hear it from the outside. Then, there was a knock on the door.

Emily looked down, upset and pulled her hand away to push her hair over her shoulder. The door opened, and we expected the nurse to be the one, to tell us her blood test, but it wasn't. It was Mario.

"Am I interrupting something?" He walked in, with a bouquet of flowers. "Mario what are you doing here?" Gena asked, and I wondered the same thing. "I just wanted to see how things were going" he said innocently, not doing anything with the flowers. "I got these for you, I heard what happened" he reached out the flowers to Emily, but she didn't do anything at first. She slowly grabbed them, and sat them down beside us, on the bed. "You just show up without a warning?" I asked, I was pissed, he had no right to be here.

"I didn't think it would be such a big deal" he said, standing uncomfortably close to the bed. "Its okay Mario, you can sit down" Ms.Davis said, patting the seat beside her. I looked at her surprised, did she like Mario more than me? Would be rather Mario be with Emily instead of me? I thought she liked me, and that she liked Emily and I together.

I turned my head and looked at Emily. She looked at me, and grabbed my hand again, "I'm sorry" she whispered, she opened her arms and I laid beside her, pulling her close, protectively. I watched as Ms.Davis and Mario sparked up a conversation, nothing like we've ever done before. "I don't know what's going on" she whispered, "why would Mario come? Why would he bring me flowers?" I shrugged, "I don't know baby, but I won't let him bother you" I whispered in her ear. "Emily I invited Mario" Ms.Davis said, so it was true, she liked Mario more than me. She preferred them together, instead of us.

"Why would you do that mom?" Emily asked, just as upset and mad as I was. "I thought it would be nice to see him again, for you to see each other again" something inside me, dropped. My heart felt as if it was torn and ripped apart.

"Don't you think you should have asked me first? I don't want him here" she raised her voice once again. "Emily don't be like that", "be like what? You're being a fucking bitch" her words came out quickly, uncontrollably. Ms.Davis looked took back, just like the rest of us.

"You're supposed to be understanding, and supportive. I'm already going through enough, I don't need you to invite the last person I would want to see, or telling me that I'm not aloud to see Justice or anyone else unless they came to the house. You're going to be the reason I get stressed out, I can't take this right now" she started to cry, for the second time today, breaking my heart.

"Mario, please leave, you shouldn't have ever came" Emily said, and Mario slowly stood up. She grabbed the flowers, and held them in the air, "take these, I don't want them" I watched as Mario grabbed them from her slowly, and walked out. "Emily" Ms.Davis began to talk, but Emily cut her off. "Please, just don't" Ms.Davis's eyes broke, and she frowned.
She got up slowly, and walked out.