Chapter 26

He let go of me, "well call me when you figure it out" he wanted me to leave. I walked away from him, through the living room and up the stairs, I could feel their eyes on me.

I made sure I had all of my things, then walked back down the stairs. I walked to the living room, so see Mario and Justice having an argument. All of their eyes turned on me, "bye Justice, bye Gena" they smiled at me lightly, I didn't acknowledge Mario's presence, I just left. When I stepped outside, I saw rain fall from the sky, it was hard, it wasn't like a little storm, the whole sky was dark gray. I began to walk in the rain, not having a choice, I could feel my hair sticking to my face, my shirt was soaked, and so were my shoes, from not paying attention and walking into a big puddle. I pulled out my phone, covering up the screen with my hand, I took a video, of my feet walking on the wet road, then showed the rain all around me, knowing that Mario would see it.

Soon I made it home, but of course it seemed longer as usual since I was miserable. I nodded on the locked door, and my mother answered. "Oh sweetie what happened?" I stood under the roof, not in the house, but also not in the rain. "Its raining" I said, she lifted my shirt over my head, me now just in my bra and pants. She walked away, then came back with a towel. I wrapped it around myself, then took off my shoes.

"Why didn't he give you a ride back?" "Its a long story" she nodded. "Well go take a warm shower, I was just starting to make lunch" I nodded and walked upstairs. I walked straight to the bathroom, and pulled out my phone from my wet pocket.

I got undressed from all my now heavy clothing, then started warm water. I stepped in, my body feeling better from the warm water. I stood there for a while, just embracing the warmth and thinking about everything that happened today. Are Mario and I over? I had so many questions.

I washed my hair then my body, I got out, and wrapped a fresh clean towel around me. I felt like shit, like I was getting a cold from the rain.

I walked back down stairs, and my mother was making sandwiches, "I couldn't do much cause I'm about to leave" I thanked her and took the food upstairs. I sat on my bed, after locking my bedroom door, and ate, quietly. I went on Snapchat, to see who saw my story. Mario was the very first one to see it. I looked through everyone's story updates and saw Mario's, I clicked it, the screen was black, but there was talking. It was him talking to a girl over the phone. They were both laughing and the caption was.
Her

Then after the video ended, there was a picture. He was with a girl, I'm guessing the same girl he was talking to on the phone. She was pretty, really pretty, her face was turned, her lips on his cheek, while he smiled at the camera.

I felt as if, my heart dropped to my stomach, was he cheating on me? Were we even together anymore? I called Justice, and he answered on the first ring. "Hey Justice, can I ask you a question?" "Go ahead" I sighed, "who's the girl on Mario's Snapchat?" I asked. "I didn't know there was a girl here, hold on" I heard movement from the other side, and heard him grunt in pain. I heard laughter, it was Mario and the girl. "There's definitely someone here" he whispered, right afterwards, I heard the door open, "excuse me" it was the girl.

"She going to the bathroom, I'm gonna talk to Mario, so be quiet and don't say anything" I heard the door open, and heard Mario's voice. "What do you want?" "Who's the girl?" Justice asked. "Why do you want to know?" "She's pretty, and I didn't know you and Emily broke up" Justice said. "Her name is Brooke, and we did" my lips turned into a frown.

"You can have her now bro, might as well just pass her back to you" I felt anger and sadness build up in side me. "Whores are meant to be passed around, that's just how it is"

It took every part of me to not cry and scream at him through the phone. "How long have you known Brooke?" Justice asked, probably knowing I wouldn't want to here what else Mario would say about that topic. "She works at the studio with me, I've been seeing her ever since Emily and I didn't really talk for a while" so he was cheating on me.