Chapter 43

I'm sorry...

"What?" He asked, not sure if he heard me correctly. "They diagnosed me with lung cancer" I said, nervous for what was going to happen next. April started to cry beside me, and Justice had a few tears running down his cheeks. "This must be a dream" he said, looking around him. "It isn't, this is real" I whispered, and grabbed his hand. "Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered, his eyes locked with mine.

"I just found out yesterday" the coaches whistle went off, and I looked to the field. "Go, don't worry about me" I said and he shook his head, tears pouring now. "I shouldn't have told you" I grabbed his hand and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry" I apologized, I always mess things up. "Carradine" the coach yelled. The whole school waited for him, watching us. "Justice" I pulled back and wipe the tears off of his cheeks. "Go finish strong okay, for me" it would hurt me if we lost because I told him, it would be all my fault.

He nodded and stood up and bent down "I love you" his voice cracked and he kissed my forehead. "I love you too" he walked back to the field after grabbing his helmet. April got up and wrapped her arms around me, still crying. "How bad is it?" she asked as I hugged her back. "I'm at stage two" I remembered when she came to school one day, crying because her grandpa passed from cancer.

"I just ruined the game by telling him, he's too emotional. I messed everything up" I said, "he'll try his hardest for you" she whispered and pulled back. "I love you Emily" she sat back beside me and held my hand, "I love you to April, I'm not going anywhere, I promise"

But deep down inside I didn't know if I could keep the promise, I have no control on what happens.

Justice stared at us from the field, our eyes connected. I expected him to break down and not being able to play, he was emotional, especially when it came to me.

Justice didn't move, he was frozen. The crowd started chanting his name, making me smile. April and I cheered along, and I made a small heart with my hands, and put it in the air.

I didn't want him to fail because of me, he caught the ball, making everyone scream, instead of me. I wanted to scream, and cheer and jump around, but I couldn't, I was stuck in a wheelchair, with my muscles and bones weak, and my chest hurt. He ran across the field and dodged everyone who is in his way, and drop the ball when he made a touchdown. I watch the scoreboard rise as the person said his name over the speakers, I clapped even though I struggle to move my hands and arms so much. I was so stupid to tell him during the game, or at all. I shouldn't have told him. I put my hands down while everyone continue to cheer, my arms felt as if they weighed 100 pounds each. "Rest your arms" April said, she knew what happened since she helped take care of her Grandpa. "You look tired" she said, but I wasn't tired.

I was just weak.

"I'm just weak right now" she frowned and grabbed my hand again. "Are you scared?" Of course I was scared, since I couldn't control anything. "Are you going to come back to school?" "I hope so, whenever I'm well enough" the game continued, the whole time my head filled with thought. "What if I left? What would happen with Justice? I couldn't break his heart that way if I, left, he would never move on, and never fall in love. If it gets worse I couldn't be with Justice, I would rather break up with him before, then leave him unexpectedly.

I don't want to leave him. I would do anything to get things back the way they used to be. I couldn't help but think what would happen if it got worst or if I passed, mom and Joseph, April, Gena, Justice. I didn't want to leave them, they all meant the world to me.

Mom would start drinking again, Justice would get depressed and push every girl away. Gena would have to try and help Justice. April would probably start cutting again, like before, and Joseph, he would break down. Mom and I are his only family, and if I left and Mom started drinking, he would feel as if, he had no point in this world. I started to cry again, unwantedly. "Don't cry" April said and sat on her knees. A few people came who I was close to, and hugged me, even though they had no idea what was going on.

"We love you Emily" someone said, they all grouped hugged me when I heard the final sound, the game ended. They pulled away and look to the field. We won.

Everyone was up and cheering, and Justice and I eyes connected and he ran towards me. I stood up slowly while Justice took off his helmet still running to me. I walked forward a bit and open my arms. He got closer and he opened his arms as well. He got feet away from me and when he got in front of me, he hugged me and lifted me off the ground.

He didn't hold me too tight though, so I wouldn't cough. "Good job baby" people continue to cheer, him again started to cry. I couldn't tell if it was from happiness or because I told him. "I'm so sorry I told you, I shouldn't have" I whispered in his ear, not wanting anyone to hear. "I love you angel" he said making me frown, "I love you too".

I think I just broke my own heart omg. Comment please