Chapter 49

The teacher came in the room, and 5 minutes in the class my timer on my phone went off. "Who's phone is that?" She looked around the room, and I turned the timer off. Justice stood up and started to push me to the door. "Where are you two going?" She asked, "its time for me to take my shot" I said, not wanting to say anything more about the shot, so people couldn't catch on. "Justice why do you have to push her?" I could tell Justice started to get aggravated. "Because she can't push her self around. I'm the only one who knows how to give her the shot, and I have permission from the office" before the teacher could say anything more Justice pushed the door open, and walked me to the nurses office. They sat me up on a high chair, and the nurse grabbed a pad and wiped it over my arm, so it was clean for the needle. Justice got everything ready, and I could tell he was nervous to do it. "You ready?" I nodded, and he pinched my skin, then put the needle in my arm. "So how long have you been on chemotherapy?" The nurse asked, and I noticed there was two other kids in the room, waiting for the nurse to help them. I was sure they heard her, and I knew soon everyone would know. Justice pushed in the liquid and pulled the needle out, then put a gauze over it, then a bandage. I didn't respond to her question, because of the kids, and she repeated it, but said it louder, thinking I didn't hear her the first time. Justice looked at me, then behind him, seeing the other kids. He leaned over and whispered in her ear, and she nodded and helped me off the high chair, and I sat back down in the wheelchair.

She gave us a pass to class and Justice walked me back into the hallways. "I don't like having to sit down all day, I think I can walk at least some" he kept pushing. "I know it sucks, but the doctors told me to push you around at school. At home we'll see how far you can walk, and we can talk to the doctors about it" I sighed, "Justice I don't want to be here" I started to cry, and he stopped the wheelchair. "Emily" he bent down in front of me, and I wiped under my eyes with the sleeve of his hoodie. "I'll take you home, its not a big deal" I shook my head. "Why did this have to happen to me? I didn't do anything to deserve this" I cried harder, all of this at once, was too over whelming. "It's okay baby, please don't cry" he frowned as he looked up to me. I wanted to be strong, I told myself to not cry, but I couldn't control myself. He stood up and pushed me back to the office, but didn't take me in, but went in himself. I heard him talking through the glass, "I'm gonna take her home, she's getting too overwhelmed from being here so fast, she's going through a lot of changes" I waited for him, hiccuping from crying. A guy walked past me, he glanced at me and stopped walking. "Are you okay?" I didn't answer. He squatted beside me, getting in my space, but he was just trying to be friendly. "Why are you out here by yourself? Do you need me to open the door for you?" I shook my head, "I'm waiting on my boyf-" Justice walked out of the office, and spotted the guy. "What are you doing?" He said to the boy, his protective mode now on. "I was just asking if she was okay" Justice pushed him away from me, and grabbed the handles to my chair. "Stay away from her" he said and walked me towards my locker. The guy ran after us, and pulled Justice away from the back of his shirt. I turned around, and started to cry harder than before, while Justice raised his fist to punch the guy. "Justice please don't" he slowly put his hand down, as he looked at me crying. My body was shaking, and I felt like I no longer had any control. I was useless, there was no reason for me to be here. "Please just let's go home" I looked at him desperately, "he shouldn't have bothered you" Justice said, his hand still in a fist. "He wasn't even bothering me, he was just asking if I was okay" I grew upset with Justice, I just got out of the hospital, and just got back to school, and he's trying to fight a guy. I didn't need this right now, I didn't need any of this right now, I just wanted to leave, that's all that I wanted to do.

Justices eyes stared into mine, and he put his hand down, and walked to me. "I'm sorry" he pushed me to my locker, grabbed my backpack, and walked us out the school doors, but I didn't say anything him. He walked us to his car and tried to help me up, but I pushed his hand away and stood up myself, opened my door, and sat down. He put the wheelchair in the back, and started the car without us speaking. The only sound was my soft cries.

"Baby" he tried to grab my hand, but I pulled my hand away. "Just take me home" he looked at me, but I didn't look back. "Why are you upset with me?" He asked, looking back at the road, then at me again. "You always do this" I said under my breath. "Do what?" "You always fucking push everyone away from me, even with April this morning, who I haven't seen in weeks. How am I supposed to have friends? How am I supposed to have fun in highschool when you fucking make everyone scared to be around me" I yelled. "But you don't need anyone else. I'm trying to protect you" he said, and I shook my head. "That's not how it works Justice. You can't fucking control me" was he serious? "I can't help it! I want to protect you" I sighed and looked out the window, "you're being so dramatic" I said. He stopped the car, and pulled to the side of the road. "Take me home" I yelled, I've never seen him like this. He just sat there, staring at me, anger in his eyes. "FUCKING TAKE ME HOME" I screamed, I couldn't belive he was doing this. "Baby please" I cut him off. "Justice take me home right now" my breath started to get heavy, I started to have a panic attack.

"Baby calm down" I pulled out my phone and started to call Joseph. "I need you to pick me up" I said between breaths. "Emily stop" Justice said, he started the car and got back on the road, seconds before a car pulled behind us, almost hitting us. "Emily where are you?" I looked around, and saw a gas station down the road. "Justice pull into the gas station" I didn't want to be around him anymore.

"Let me take you home" "Justice please. I don't want to be around you right now" he turned on his blinker and I told Joseph where we were at. I got out of the car and opened the back door and grabbed my wheelchair and walked slowly away from his car. Justice got out of the car and jogged to me. "Baby stop please" he stood beside me, tears in his own eyes. "I'm sorry baby" he tried to touch me but I didn't let him. "Why are you so upset?" "I can't breathe" he put his hand on my back and I put my hand on his chest, while I got dizzy. He sat me down, and everything went black.

I miss the old book so much :( I know no other books of mine could ever compare to the old book and sequel so I don't know if I want to publish any more books after this one.