Chapter 46

I wish you guys were more active. It makes me feel like my story is disappointing and that I should just stop writing after this book...

My alarm woke me up. 6:30.

I always want to wake up earlier than her, so she would wake up to me with her, like it used to be. I ran my fingers through my hair and changed into black jeans and a gray T-shirt. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, getting ready to spend my last few hours before she started therapy.

I met mom down stairs, and started to put my shoes on. "You don't want breakfast?" I shook my head, "you didn't eat dinner last night" I unlaced my shoes, then retied them. "I'm fine mom" she sighed. "I know you want to see her, but you need to eat sweetie" "I'll eat when I get there, I want to see her before and during her treatment" I said. She gave up and put her purse over her shoulder. I opened the door and I quickly walked to the car. I got in and put on my seat belt while mom started the car.

I saw Mario jog to the car, but I didn't know why. "Can I come?" I remembered last night, but I forgot to ask Emily. "I forgot to ask" he stood there, not knowing what to do. "When I get there I'll ask her and I'll text you" he nodded and slowly walked back to the house. If I was being honest, I didn't want him to come see her.

I unlocked my phone, smiling at the picture of us both for my screen.

'I'm on my way'
I texted her, as we drove to the hospital. "Are you scared for her not to have hair anymore? With school and what people will say or think?" I shook my head. "I'll protect her like I always do. She'll be just as beautiful as she is now, but I'm going to miss it" I said, "her hair?" I nodded. "It's gonna take a few weeks for her hair to start to fall out. If I were you I wouldn't take those few weeks for granted" I looked at myself in the small mirror above the seat, I wanted to look like I didn't have trouble sleeping with out her. "I won't" I ran my hand through my hair, "I never take my time with her for granted" I saw mom smile, and I noticed how little I've seen that lately.

"What do you think is going to happen to her?" Her smile slowly faded, but she shrugged. "My thoughts aren't relevant" she said, "but I think she's going to be, happy. No matter what happens, she always manages to keep a smile on her face" I agreed. She always saw the positive side to the worst situations. "And it's your job to keep it that way, no matter how long she's here, you always need to keep her smiling, she loves you, and I know you love her" I smiled, but her words struck me, "no matter how long she's here". She wouldn't leave would she? She wouldn't do that. God, or who ever wouldn't do that to her, or me, to us, would they? "And you need to stay positive also, I know it's hard, but it will keep her happy, and that's all that matters right now". I nodded again, as we pulled into the parking lot.

I got out and walked quickly, but I made sure I didn't leave mom behind. I smiled at the same nurse, that Emily was friends with, as I walked to her room, past the front desk. I knocked on the door, and waited for a response. Joseph opened the door and nodded at me slightly. I looked to the bed and she laid there peacefully asleep. Ms.Davis stood up and hugged me before I sat down beside her. "Good morning Justice" I smiled at her and mom sat down beside me. "Good morning Ms. Davis" I said respectfully. "I want to thank you for being here for Emily" I nodded, "of course, I love her, I'll always be there for her, no matter what" she smiled, and nodded. I noticed the bags under her eyes, also on Joseph. "Thank you for treating my sister the way she should be treated. I really appreciate it when I see her smile because of you" I smiled, "that's what I'm here for, and what I'll always be here for" he nodded and smiled at me, before I looked away. She turned, and she woke up, sitting up. She rubbed her eyes, and smiled, like she always did when she saw us. She covered her mouth with her hand as she yawned, and opened her arms. We all stood up, basically in a line, and Joseph hugged her, then her mom, and finally me.