Chapter 17

Ignore mistakes

Emily's POV

I don't know why I kept letting him back in my life. We always have a fight every time he comes over. I need to stop thinking about him, I need to stop wanting to feel his arms around me, or his lips on my skin. I needed a distraction. He was right, when he told me I should live more. And I want to, I want to be free and do whatever I want, but not with him, not with someone who will end up hurting me.

I picked up my phone, and looked at the text messages from Mario. I was blowing him off, and it was all because I was with Justice, but that, is about to change.

Hey, I can come over if you want, I'm not busy anymore.

I sent the text and undressed. I put on new underwear, then skinny jeans, then a Rolling Stones T-shirt, and put my hair in a side braid.

-that would be perfect. I'll come pick you up, text me your address.

I sent it to him, and sat down, my mind focusing on everything that's happened lately. I don't know where all of this came from, but a wave of sadness came over my body.

First, my dad leaves. Then I get depressed for months. I go to school, focusing on getting an education, and a boy, who treats me like shit, gets into my personal life. I should have never agreed to be his tutor, I should have never gone to that party, that my gut feeling told me not to. If I didn't tell him to sleep with me, that night he saved me from Tyler, I would have never kissed him, I would have never invited him to my house again, I would only see him in the hallways, the way it used to be. I regretted everything we did together. I should have never let him touch me. I should have never told his yes when he asked if he could kiss me.

Now its my fault, because my actions now messed everything up. My feeling were everywhere. If I didn't let him come into my life, I would be happy, getting good grades in school, and I wouldn't feel this dark cloud above my head. This year has sucked, and I couldn't wish for everything to go back to normal. I began to cry. And my light crying began to form into sobs, and I couldn't control my breath.

My door opened, and my mother walked in, a worried look on her face. "What's wrong sweetie?" I couldn't tell her about Justice. "I miss him" I said. She took it as my father, who I did miss. "I just want things to be back to normal, when I was happy" I wiped my nose with the back of my hand. "I know, I'm sure he misses you too" I shook my head. "He doesn't care, he never did" she sighed. "I think its time to have a talk with you"

I looked at her confused. "I hid this from you, because I thought there was no need to to tell you, when you dad was here. But now that he isn't, I guess I should tell you something" I nodded, for her to continue. "Your father, isn't your biological father" "what do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean, we adopted you, when you were a baby. Your father, adored you. He loved you, like you were from this family". I, I was adopted?

"I was adopted?"I asked. She nodded. I looked down. My whole life has been a lie. My family isn't my actual family, I don't know my family. I heard my phone beep beside me, it was Mario.

-I'm here :)

I sighed, and stood up. I put my phone in my bath pocket and hugged my mom. Who wasn't actually, my mom, the way I thought she was.

"I'm going out with a friend, I'll text you" I said leaving her in my room, sitting on my bed while I walked down the stairs. I opened the door, and walked to his black car. He stepped out of the car and opened the door for me, like a gentleman. I got into the car, after saying thank you, then he got into the car. "How are you?" He asked and backed out of the drive way. "I'm okay, how are you?" He smiled, and began to drive.