Chapter 25

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY love you guys!

My eye sight was blurry, all I could see was them above me, and my baby crying only a few feet away from us. Tyler stopped hitting me, and the boy stopped also, I rolled to my side and coughed up blood. Tyler spit on me, then walked away. I struggled to sit up, and she ran towards me. "Bubby" I stood up, and grabbed her, picking her up. I grunted at the pain of her against my ribs, but I was just glad that she was okay, I didn't matter to myself right now, all I needed to do was get her back home, safe and sound.

I grabbed the things again, and began to walk towards home, she stared at me, tears still rolling down her chubby cheeks. "Its okay, bubby's okay" I looked to her and smiled lightly, I felt dizzy, like I was going to pass out, but I couldn't stop walking, I had to get her home. I sighed in relief as I reached the door, I knocked as hard and fast as I could, but it barely made a sound, as my body grew weak. The door opened, and there stood Emily, Mario behind her. Her eyes widened in shock, and I stepped in, I let her down, "go find mommy" she ran off and my body fell to the floor.

They both spoke above me, but I could hear them, you could see the worried look on both of their faces, and mom soon came to me, she grabbed her phone from her pocket and held it against her ear. My attention went over to Emily, who was kneeling over me, her hand on my chest. Her eyes locked with mine and even through all of the pain I was in, I couldn't help but smile.

Emily's POV

Justices eyes closed, blood was all over his face and his clothes. His nose looked broken and he had cuts and scratches, all over his swollen face. I lifted up his shirt, after seeing shoe marks all over his shirt. His stomach was purple, covered with bruises. You could see the outline of his broken ribs, making my heart sink. "Is the baby okay?" I asked, Gena nodded. "I know he made sure nothing would happen to her" it felt like an hour later after sitting on the floor beside his unconscious body, I heard the ambulance coming.

"Mario go tell your father to watch the kids, I dont want to take them to the hospital" Mario ran out of the room and the front door swung open. I backed away from his body and the men lifted him up, and carried him out of the house. Gena followed them and I stood up, Mario ran back out and grabbed my hand, then we ran out side. Gena got into the ambulance while we got into Mario's car, we followed it, the sirens piercing my ears. We didn't say a word, we just drove until we got to the hospital, then ran in and followed them.

"Go to the waiting room, we just need to do some x-rays and make sure none of his bones are broken" the people left us, running Justice into a different room. We all stood there, not knowing what to do. Mario grabbed my hand and pulled me to his lap, so Gena could sit next to us. "Who would do something like that?" Gena whispered to herself. That when I got a idea, it had to be Tyler. "It was Tyler" I said, "how do you know that?" Mario asked, "it had to be, that's the only person who Justice has beef with, and the park is where they would always hang out and get drunk together" "do we tell the police?" Mario asked, "when Justice wakes up we'll get a police report"

It felt like years before they called us back. We followed the nurse into a room, and there laid a boy, who I could barely even recognize. I walked to the side of his bed, and his eyes were slightly open. "Is my baby okay?" He said about his sister, his voice deep and scratchy. "She's fine" Gena said, "did Tyler do this?" He nodded, "he had a friend with him" so it was two guys who attacked him.

"Mario go get the nurse and ask for the police to come in" Mario let go of my hand and walked out of the room. "I'm gonna go get you some water sweety" Gena got up and left, so it was only Justice and I. He moved over his legs and patted the empty spot beside him. I sat down, making sure I didn't touch him, so I couldn't hurt him. "I'm sorry Emily" he said, "stop apologizing, you only need to be focused on getting better" he put his hand on top of mine, but I didn't pull back.