Chapter 42

Guys its so fun to freak you guys out omg

I got dressed into new clothes, sweatpants and a t-shirt with a jacket. I put water on my face and washed my hands, when I was finished in the bathroom, I open the door. Mom walked me to the wheelchair and put a blanket on me. They told me we had to come back tonight, and I hopefully could go home tomorrow.

I put my mask over my mouth and held onto the blanket as we walked to the car and help me sit in the back seat and put the wheelchair beside me.

We drove in silence, what mom told me, still stuck in my mind. I couldn't imagine how Justice would react if I told him. So I decided not to.

I was going to have fun tonight, it was the very last game, and I knew Justice would do amazing. When we pulled up to the school the game was about to start, so everyone was crowding outside, paying to watch the game. I found April standing in the grass waiting for me. She was going to be pushing me around in the wheelchair. When she saw me, she walked to the car.

Joseph opened my door and helped me out, while Mom grabbed the wheelchair and brought it to me. I sat down and April got behind me. "Keep your mask on, if anything happens call me" I could hear the worry in my mom's voice. "I will Mom" I said "I'll make sure nothing happens to her" April said, they got back in the car and I watched them drive away. April started to push me to the shortened line, "you never told me what was wrong with you" she said but I didn't answer. I didn't want anyone to know, not until it was over.

My thoughts about Justice jumped through my brain. "I already paid for both of us" April said and we walk through. Everyone's eyes turned towards me, people pointing and whispering. She stopped at the stairs next to the bleachers that went to the track and help me stand up. April walked me down the stairs as a guy carried on the wheelchair. I look to the bleachers and everyone was staring. "Ignore them" April said and I looked away. I adjusted the mask and wrapped the blanket around me, when we reach the bottom I thanked the guy, and April pushed me closer to the field, so I had a better view. The team came out and I clapped, excited and that I was able to come.

I searched through the team, looking for Justices number, 3.

When I found him, I watched him turn around and look towards the bleachers. He looked to the coach, and said something, while they all stretched. The coach nodded and I watched him pull off his helmet, and jog towards me. I stood up slowly while he approached me, and smiled. "Hi beautiful" he dropped his helmet and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Hi baby" I put my hand on his jaw and inched our lips closer. "Are you okay? Do you need my hoodie to keep you warm? I can go grab it for you" I shook my head. "I'm fine, hurry back so you can get ready" I said. I heard clapping from the bleachers, Justice and I looked to the field, but they were still stretching. "Their clapping at you" April said and we looked to the bleachers. Everyone was cheering and smiling foolishly, making Justice and I laugh, which made me lightly cough.

"I love you" he looked at me and I looked back. "I love you too" he slowly pushed his lips to mine again. "Go have fun, I know you'll do amazing" I pulled back and he wrapped his arms around me again. "I'll come see you at half time" he said and pulled back. "April please take care of her, make sure you eat something, do you need money?" I shook my head and laughed lightly. "I'll be fine" I said, "I have money, and I'm warm, don't worry about me, just go have fun" he ran his fingers through his hair, and nodded.

"I love you" he said again and picked his helmet off the ground. "I love you too" I pecked his lips and watched him run back to the field while I sat back down. "What do you want to eat?" April asked, squatting down beside me. "I'm not hungry, but I'll get a water" I pulled out the money I had in the pocket of my sweatpants. "You're getting food, and I'm paying" she argued. "I'm really not hungry" I said, "you look like you haven't eaten in days" I frowned, was this really making me look different already?