Chapter 4

- How are you so sure this is two-sided? - I asked her - Dervish might be in love, but I doubt that Ha----

- I told Melekse, my servant to follow her when she's meeting with Dervish - Halime cut me off - And she heard it with her own ears, but I'm sure if you ask Mehmed Aga he'd tell you the exact same thing. As whoever is just a slightly bit closer to Handan can see this.

I had to take a few breaths in and out while trying to progress what I just heard.

- We can use this against her! - Halime continued.

- We?

- Yes!

- So now you want to work with me?

- Yes. We need to work together to take her down for good!

- Why would you work with me in this?

- She took my son away from me... She made both me and him suffer... She needs to feel what we've been feeling...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Pablo's POV:

Again I'm on the island to check on Safiye Sultan.

I've been doing this for a while now and I honestly never had any problems with her, but appearently a kalfa that works here has been having arguments with her and many time she was disrespectful.

I mean I know what Safiye has done, but it doesn't mean anyone can be an asshole towards her.

- Ah, Iskender... - she sighed when she saw me.

- Sultanim...

She was staring out on the only window she had in this cell and where light could come in from.

This sight is truly heartbreaking.

I've seen her when she was the powerful Safiye Sultan.

But now she's here, powerless and doesn't seem to even want to live.

- Iskender - she spoke again after a long silent.

- Yes?

- I know this isn't something I'm allowed to ask, but...

She hesitated for a moment before she continued:

- Can you get Elisabeth for me?

- Elisabeth?

- My cat...

- Oh!

I didn't know she had a cat.

- Please...

- I... I'll see what can I do for you about this - I told her which she gave me a weak smile to.

Remember when I said seeing her like this breaks my heart?

I don't know why, but I want to try to make her feel happier while she's here.

I know I'm weird...