Chapter 61

- A Sehzade?! Do you have any proof of this?! - I snapped at him - You can't just say things like this without any proof!

- Hümasah Sultan told me herself. She found out about this from the researcher Safiye Sultan ordered to search for her son. And the information is real.

Iskender... A Sehzade?!

So that means...

If Safiye Sultan succeed in taking the throne from Herman again this time she'd have someone to take it which would be...

- This can't happen - I groaned.

- Don't do anything that'd be a wrong decision... - said Zülfikar - Even if Safiye Sultan wants him to betray the Sultan I'm sure Iskender wouldn't do that.

- You can't be sure about that, Zülfikar. You can't be sure...

----- TIME SKIP -----

The main palace and the old palace are far enough from each other for me to think about this properly.

If Pablo really is her son... If he really is Safiye's son...

But I can't be sure until I looked more into this...

Once when I got home I immediately went to find the book of the family tree of the Ottoman Empire's ruler family to check through the names, Sehzades, Sultanas.

Meanwhile Mehmed aga and Maria also came in to see what am I doing.

- Looking for someone - I replied - A Sehzade we didn't know before...

- Who? - Maria asked me curiously.

I stayed silent.

I continued looking.

And seconds later I found the name I was looking for...

- Iskender - I sighed as I pointed at his name in the book - There he is... Just as Zülfikar told me.

- Wait... Does that mean...

- Yes, Maria... Iskender is a Sehzade and possibly the oldest one of all.

- Sultanim - Mehmed aga spoke up - He's...

- Safiye Sultan's son.

This time they both grew silent after a huge sigh.

- This can't be true... - Maria sighed - He's so nice... He's nowhere near her in being evil...

- After all it wasn't her, who raised him - Mehmed added - Of course he isn't evil.

- Yeah... - I sighed myself too.

- What are you going to do?

- What I have to, Mehmed...

- B-But if you tell the Sultan... - Maria stuttered.

She knew me very well.

Plus she also knew what I was thinking about.

- Yes - I nodded - Very much likely that's what's going to happen...

Or I really don't know what is going to happen.

If Herman thinks the way I'm thinking right now then he'll definitely execute him...

But if not then he might have an exact plan to make him not to follow Safiye Sultan in anything at all...

And I hate to think about Pablo being executed, but I'm not gonna let Safiye win...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later in the evening I headed to see Herman.

I felt awfully unsure, but once when I'm there I have to make the decision...

But when I was there I saw a doctor coming out of the room and I got terrified...

- Yahya Efendi! - I gasped.

- Sultanim!

- What happened? Did something happened to the Sultan?!

He sighed deeply.

- Let's go in - he said - I'll tell you there...

Inside:

- What is it? Tell me now! - I demanded when I saw Herman laying in the bed, looking really pale and weak.

- Earlier today he had a serious fit and after examining more...

He paused.

- What? What did you find out?

He still didn't speak.

- SPEAK UP!

- The disease our Sultan has... Has progressed a lot... He only has a couple more weeks left to live...