Chapter 13

Angie's POV:

- This is really bad... - sighed Mehmed Aga.

- This is what should have happened way earlier - I replied while we were heading towards my room, but half way through he stopped.

- I can't go with you... I'm sorry - he bowed his head deeply then walked back towards the Valide's room.

You know what I don't understand?

How can he still be worrying about her so much when she wanted to kill him for the sake of Dervish Pasha?

But I guess he loves her way too much to just leave her like that.

It's not really my business though.

It's his problem.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next day Maria continued asking me about things around the palace, how things work and why are there so much fights which she already heard about from Azura and the others.

I tried to explain as much as I could, but also as much as it's not too much for her to know.

I don't want her to end up like our father did...

- I'm gonna go and see the Sultan now - I told Maria later that day.

- Okay... Can I play with the kids?? - she asked me excitedly - They're so adorable!

- Of course! - I laughed then I left the room.

I want to see if Herman's okay.

I know it must have been a shock to hear that the man he trusted the most in his entire life so far actually killed his father.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Knocking on the door I quietly walked it to see him just sitting in his bed, still in his clothes from last night.

He probably didn't even sleep.

- Herman... - I sighed as I sat beside him.

- How could I be so blind? - he mumbled.

- Don't blame yourself...

- I blame myself because I have told him to protect you and my children! Who knows what he could have done...

- He wouldn't dare to hurt them too... Or hurt me... As he knows you're protecting your family really seriously...

He sighed.

- Why don't you rest a little? - I continued - Even our unborn son can feel you being upset...

He was still staring into the distance, but after a while he looked at me as he realized what I just said to him and smile.

- Really? - he mumbled.

- Yes - I nodded.

He took a deep breath then kissed me on the head.

I know this doesn't sound like he's happy about it, but I can see it in his eyes.

That's more than enough...