Chapter 49

Angie's POV:

- No...

Herman's face told me every single emotion he had, but most of all: Confusion.

- It's not complete yet - I continued - Something is missing.

- And what is it? - he asked.

- Me, of course.

This time he began to smile while the girl he called Yasemin sighed.

- Then how about you both model to me? - she then suggested.

- What do you think? - Herman looked at me.

- Sure - I nodded.

Girl did not expect me to do this, judging by her face.

And she also didn't seem to think I won't show off how bothered I am by her and him spending time together.

Because it just can't truly bother me as I'm the ruler of the harem and together we have 9 kids already.

I don't know how could she even be any better than me other than because I can't possibly leave the palace for too long.

Anyways...

The following day we even got to this painting session in the sunny afternoon.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Posing perfectly as king and his queen Yasemin was painting us and she also seemed surprisingly satisfied with the situation.

Or maybe I shouldn't compare all the other girls to myself...

- Kösem...

Suddenly Herman squeezed my hand, snapping me out of my daydream.

- Yes? - I looked at him as he stood up.

- I need a break now girls, alright? - he said and I could see he was in pain again.

- Need any help?

- No... I'll be fine - he smiled weakly as he quickly headed back inside the palace.

He needs his medicine again.

Just when we all thought he's getting better as he wasn't getting any pain in the past few days...

Angie, focus now!

He'll be fine.

You need to check this girl now...

I walked closer to her to see her other drawings that were on the table beside her.

I saw a drawing of me which she did some time ago, one of Herman and a drawing of a place that looked really familiar to me.

Looking at it for a while I turned to her...

- What place is this? - I asked.

She checked what I was looking at.

- This is a place, where I was born, Sultanim - she replied - Although I had to leave it at a very young age... This one exact spot always stayed in my head.

This spot, huh?

Interesting...