Chapter 31

- Your husband?? - I snapped when my mother finally explained that a man, called Lorenzo is her husband now - What?!

- Yeah... - she muttered.

- Don't be mad at your mother, Angie - Lorenzo said as he tried to calm me down - Your father disappeared and...

- No, no! - I cut him off - I'm not mad! I'm shocked that she didn't tell this to me yet!

- Eh?! You literally just came back! - mother snapped.

Suddenly both Pablo and Lorenzo began to laugh.

- Okay, ladies... Calm down! - Lorenzo added then he stepped closer to me - It's nice to finally meet you, Angie...

- Nice to meet you too!

- Oh yeah! - mom gasped - How's Maria?! Is she in the palace too??

- Yes, she is - I nodded - But she isn't in any danger since no one knows that she's my sister...

- Okay, good... - she sighed in relief.

- Sultanim - I suddenly hear Zülfikar from the door - Letter has been sent out, but the boat is still not working well enough for us to go.

- You can stay here as long as you need - my mother said.

- I'll get some of our best workers to check your boat - Lorenzo added.

- Thank you - I smiled at him.

- Then go and get them now! - mother snapped jokingly - Mother has to go back to her children!

- Yes, Milady! - he replied as he soon left the room.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Herman's POV:

I still don't know where Angie has been taken to and I'm already freaking out while Hümasah's trying to calm me down.

- Maybe you should try to find a relacement mother for your children - she suggested - Who knows when will she come back. Or even if she will come back...

- Are you telling me that she might be dead?

- No, of course not!

- Then don't talk to me like this please...

- I apologise...

- You took them here, to you - I continued as we were indeed in her room, sitting on the sofa while I had my son, Mehmed in my arms - You might can take care of them until she...

I was suddenly cut off by Mehmed Giray rushing into the room...

- My Lord! - he panted - I'm sorry for bothering you, but we got a letter...

- Can't it wait until I finish here?

- No, because it's from Kösem Sultan!