Chapter 71

Herman's POV:

If things that are happening to me, my health and my sons wouldn't be bad enough now Mustafa burst out crying because of him being terrified of even being near me.

I'm a horrible person.

I made him this scared.

It's all my fault.

But at the time I thought I'm doing the right thing... Although it was never the right thing at the first place...

- It doesn't matter how old I become, or what I do... I can't over come my fears! - he cried - I can't face you, or anybody without fearing pain and death! I know I'm an awful brother, but...

- No, Mustafa... I am an awful brother... - I muttered.

At this point I saw Halime rushing in and looking shocked to see her son with me here, but he didn't hear her coming in.

- I'm sorry... I always thought I'm doing the right thing, but in fact I was so mistaken... Seriously... And I caused you to fear everything... - I continued - But you're strong and you can overcome all this with, or without me...

- Why are you so sure about that...?

- Because you are my brother, Mustafa. And we sre meant to become strong sooner, or later!

Both of us were at the edge of crying and soon enough the whole conversation ended up with us hugging and crying.

Not very manly, but I know I don't have much time left and this conversation had to happen.

I also don't understand how can Mehmed aga just stand there and watch us crying with no emotions on his facs whatsoever.

But both Halime and Angie were crying.

Can't blame them...

----- TIME SKIP -----

The following day when I was done with my bath and got dressed I called Maria, Angie's sister over to talk privately.

I also made sure she won't tell Angie about this...

Maria's POV:

Zülfikar Pasha came in to Angie's room while me and the two servant girls were busy with the kids and Angie was nowhere to be seen.

- Kösem Sultan is not here - I told him.

- The Sultan wants to see you... - he replied - He wants to talk to you privately...

- Me??

He nodded.

- Erm... Okay... I'm coming then...

What the hell does he want?

I've been living here for nearly 10 years and he has never wanted to talk to me privately.

I'm curious now...