Chapter 12

Herman's POV:

- Validem! - I hissed.

- Herman...

- Answer me!

All of a sudden it comes out that the person I trusted in for years and who was basically my bodyguard actually poisoned and killed my late father, Sultan Mehmed and my mother is acting like she has already known that.

- Did you know about this and didn't tell me?

- N-No, I didn't... I swear...

- DON'T SWEAR ME HERE!

She was shaking by now.

I know she likes him and the two had a close relationship before, but I need the full truth and I need to hear it from her.

- Did he kill my father? - I continued asking.

- Herman, don't...

I continued to look at her coldly which soon broke her down and made her confess...

- Did he do it?

- Yes...

- Say it!!

- Dervish Pasha... Dervish Pasha killed Sultan Mehmed... Your father... - she stuttered.

I've heard things before, but hearing this again, now with proof made me so terribly pissed off that instead of saying anything more to my mother I left the room.

The person I trusted.

The person I deeply trusted and who saved my life several times...

Is a damn murderer!

How did nobody find out about this for years?!

Because that's one thing that I didn't know.

But...

Or in fact maybe this is why Zülfikar was poisoned and Mehmed Giray was nearly killed.

Because they knew something.

That must have been the reason...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Somehow I was completely out of my mind and I ended up in Dervish's room.

While I was trying to think about what to do, or how am I gonna do it at some point I ended up pulling Dervish's sword out and pointing it at his neck while he was fast asleep.

I can kill him.

I can kill him right here...

Right now...

Oh, no...

No, Dervish...

You killed Sultan Mehmed Han.

You're not gonna get away with this that easily.

You're gonna get the punishment, people like you deserve to get.